Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Thank you for sharing the data points. Glad it was an approval. I have read of denials due to not meeting the SL requirement.

Message 17001 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero  fist card was $500, has since gotten a Discover for 3k. No debt or derogs. I was like 99% sure I hadn't seen anyone get it for less than 5k

5EFFC541-0F83-4224-B310-3521FDB33094.jpeg

Wow, that's new! Congrats! Maybe Navy has jumped on the signatures under $5K bandwagon and people can stop getting ticked at them for Flagship declines. 

Message 17002 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero  fist card was $500, has since gotten a Discover for 3k. No debt or derogs. I was like 99% sure I hadn't seen anyone get it for less than 5k

That's 1st time I've seen that happen.

Big congrats to DW and thanks for sharing the DP.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 17003 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@newfossil wrote:

I made a post over in approvals, but thought I would add my data points here.  

I applied for my 2nd Navy card and was instantly approved for $1800. Not a large amount, but is 3 times higher than the starting for my first card. It will grow. 

1st NFCU card is at 14% uti, also have a personal loan that is 67%. Total utilization is 12%, but showing on credit bureaus at 18% because many payments are not showing yet. Current scores are in siggy. 

Congrats! Yeah these Navy cards tend to grow nicely! Cheers 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 17004 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely a first time for everything, would be cool if it were a typoSmiley Surprised

Message 17005 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 month in to my NFCU cash back card. I was given a 500.00 starting limit. If I pull a 91/3 cli- what type of limit increase should I expect? My TU fico 8 has climbed 40 pts since the initial hp. (Got rid of baddies on my report) I'd like a decent raise since I want to make NFCU my main card. I'm using it for everything and paying it off for the extra 200 in cash back (90 days spend 2k get 200 cash back). Fingers crossed that I get 5k or more!

Message 17006 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

1 month in to my NFCU cash back card. I was given a 500.00 starting limit. If I pull a 91/3 cli- what type of limit increase should I expect? My TU fico 8 has climbed 40 pts since the initial hp. (Got rid of baddies on my report) I'd like a decent raise since I want to make NFCU my main card. I'm using it for everything and paying it off for the extra 200 in cash back (90 days spend 2k get 200 cash back). Fingers crossed that I get 5k or more!

The most they'll give is usually 3X so $1500. It would probably be quicker to apply for a second card at 91/3 as well. 

Message 17007 of 17,187
althes
Frequent Contributor

So I notice Navy hasn't updated the FICO score as yet.

Its EQ09 and usually updates on the 3rd.

I am due a cli and wondering if I should go ahead and try.

I usually like to wait until the FICO update.

Message 17008 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@althes wrote:

I'll wait if your score would be better or showing lower utilization from the score they have now.. good luck 

Message 17009 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@althes wrote:

I'll wait if your score would be better or showing lower utilization from the score they have now.. good luck 

Wow, am I lost, here I was thinking they did it on the 10th. Either way it is always refreshing to get a score for free! As my boy Will Smith would say, Ya know wha Im Say'n!

Message 17010 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.