Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Congrats Bubba , I have gotten one of those denials thatadequate absolutely no sense to me and didn't pertain to my situation either , even when I called them on it didn't make a difference
Message 2251 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 navy cards. Will it be a SP for both if I request an increase on both or are you limited to just asking for 1 card?

Hope that made sense
Message 2252 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 navy cards. Will it be a SP for both if I request an increase on both or are you limited to just asking for 1 card?

Hope that made sense

Hi MsBee,

The only time that a CLI request for a Navy Federal card is SP is if the request is granted instantly. If it goes to review, it will always be a HP, and would be a HP for each individual card.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell in advance if your request will be granted instantly or will go to review, so the only thing you can do is give it a try.

Given the recent trends shown here, it may be best to request when the card is 6 months old or has not had a CLI for 6 months. While people have received CLI's at the 91 day mark for new cards, it seems that more and more people are reporting that they needed to wait 6 months. 

It's variable, so if it's important to you not to get the HP, you may want to wait out the 6 months/ 6 full statements and then try for a CLI directly after the review that follows your 6 month period. Good luck!

Message 2253 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does the below rule still hold?

Apply for max $25K CLI; either get immediately approved or accept the counter-offer.

If won on above, immediately apply for the max $15K CLOC.

Message 2254 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freeze the reports... give it a try... it'll be a SP, or no pull.

Message 2255 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Apply for max $25K CLI; either get immediately approved or accept the counter-offer.

CLOC and card go to different underwriting departments and generally pull different credit reports; I would not necessarily assume that approval for one would result in approval for the other.

Message 2256 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if I left money on the table. At 91 days I asked for a CLI. I was at $22,100.00. I did not hit the max button. Instead I asked for an additional 5k and it was instantly approved bringing my Go Rewards to $27,100.00.

Message 2257 of 17,187
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Freeze the reports... give it a try... it'll be a SP, or no pull.

+1

No HP pull guaranteed!

Message 2258 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLOC and card go to different underwriting departments and generally pull different credit reports; I would not necessarily assume that approval for one would result in approval for the other.

Correct, they are totally seperate but if you have the credit to get a CLI to 25k you likely have the credit needed for a 15k CLOC.  When I got approved for my 15k CLOC they wouldn't give me a CC for more than 8k so they have differing criteria for sure.  We do all of our banking with them which I think helps CLOC approval for those on the borderline but that is just my gut not fact.

Message 2259 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sad to say, it's not about just the credit, its maybe about the credit and the given income.  I choose the max option and was immediately approved for $14K, not $25K.  Mind you, my FICO is over 800 and I've been an active member for decades. Smiley Mad  Was I supposed to literally enter $25K?  

I couldn't find the CLOC easily so accidentally enabled the overdraft protection which prevents applying for the CLOC.  Will have to wait until at least Monday to try again.

Message 2260 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.