Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Here m8s some fresh good inside nfo on navy..... if u have eq  on freeze or locked, they will try to hp tu, if that one is locked to they will go for exp . it's true happened to me.

Message 4521 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me when the next AR for Navy is? When I log into my CC account, the EQ score they have for me is from September 5th. Do I use that as my 3 month counter or do they do AR's on everyone at the same time? 

Currently holding 20% utilization but I'm paying that down this month. I would much rather have it at 9% before the next AR happens. We haven't closed on the house yet so the only CLI's I can count on will be through the AR's for now. Counting down the days until we close on the house and then I'm hitting the MAX button!

Message 4522 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspicion it will be around October 31. It takes them a few days to update our FICO score, so we will probably see it around November 5 in our NavFed accounts. I am going to wait until then to request my CLI (If I have paid off the 5000 I owe).
Message 4523 of 17,187
bluntco
Valued Contributor

Message 4524 of 17,187
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I don't believe you can do that.

@bluntco wrote:
Question. I have 2 nfcu credit cards. If I close one, can I request they move that credit line to the other?
Just looking to condense things to lower apr% and such.
Thank you in advance!

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 4525 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news today!  Received approval on a CLOC for $7500(16.9%)!  That is what I applied for, since I pussed out at the last minute.  Let that be a lesson for everyone else!  

Datapoints:

Been with Navy since June.  Have a checking, savings & GORewards.  GORewards was originally $2900, but I received a CLI to $8700 during the Sept AR.  I did apply for the CLOC when I opened everything else, but I was declined.  EQ was 637 at the time, but has increased to 663 since then.  6 new TL's since becoming a member in June as well.  Income is just under $100k.  2 paid collections on my file and 28 lates from student loans about a year and a half ago.  

One strange item...I applied online and received an error after I hit the final submit button.  Didn't seem to register that an application was pending.  I sent an SM this afternoon to see whether the application was actually submitted.  They responded saying that it had been approved.  Had to call in to get the details.  

Do CLOC CLI's follow the same timelines that CC's do?

Message 4526 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good news today!  Received approval on a CLOC for $7500(16.9%)!  That is what I applied for, since I pussed out at the last minute.  Let that be a lesson for everyone else!  

Datapoints:

Been with Navy since June.  Have a checking, savings & GORewards.  GORewards was originally $2900, but I received a CLI to $8700 during the Sept AR.  I did apply for the CLOC when I opened everything else, but I was declined.  EQ was 637 at the time, but has increased to 663 since then.  6 new TL's since becoming a member in June as well.  Income is just under $100k.  2 paid collections on my file and 28 lates from student loans about a year and a half ago.  

One strange item...I applied online and received an error after I hit the final submit button.  Didn't seem to register that an application was pending.  I sent an SM this afternoon to see whether the application was actually submitted.  They responded saying that it had been approved.  Had to call in to get the details.  

That's OK MIDWESTCOAST you're doing awesome!

Message 4527 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Datapoints:

Congrats!!

So weird, i applied for the CLOC and have not heard anything since Tuesday.

Message 4528 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Datapoints:

Congrats!!

So weird, i applied for the CLOC and have not heard anything since Tuesday.

Honestly, I think I only received a response because I SM'ed them.  When I called in to ask about the details after finding out I was approved, the original CSR couldn't even find a submitted application.  Did yours error out when you submitted it online?  

Good luck, either way!

Message 4529 of 17,187
stinastina
Established Contributor

This Navy step-child was finally given some love without having to beg ! I got an email today that my Promise was bumped p to $2000 from $1000. I have had the card for over a year in May, so I was going to ask for a 6 month cli in November. 

I don't think I've ever read that they just handed out cli's by email - does that happen ? I logged in to double check and it was there. So what do I do about the 6 month cli ? Just forget about it ? I'm in the garden so I'd rather not do a hard pull but I also would rather not miss out on any blessings.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 4530 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.