Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Another reason why I love navy
Message 8781 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Another reason why I love navy

Yeah I definitely just hit the max possible credit I can get with them with my income and I have the lowest APRs possible too so I really don’t think I need to leave the garden again any time soon. I never would have expected that they would give someone like me these kinds of limits and I’m really glad I didn’t ask for a large CLOC or I would not have been able to get the Plat (low income)!

Navy is just simply out of this world amazing!

Message 8782 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I have an odd (but happy) incident to report.  I logged on to my Navy account this morning to make a payment on my Flagship card.  It showed that my statement was available so of course I checked it.  I noticed this and was a little shocked.  I am VERY excited but did not know this happened.  Just thought I would share.

Happy early birthday to me from NFCU!!!

Hope everyne has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

IMPORTANT NOTICES CONGRATULATIONS! WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR CREDIT LINE HAS BEEN INCREASED! YOUR NEW LIMIT IS $24,000.00 . THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU. IF EVER YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL.

Message 8783 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that’s amazing! Congrats!

What was your original CL?
Message 8784 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!  Before this it was $20,000 with and original SL of $4,700.  

Message 8785 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s some impressive growth! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8786 of 17,187
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's great! Congratulations on the auto-CLI. How long have you had your Flagship card? In other words, how long did it take to grow your SL from $4,700 to $24,000?

Message 8787 of 17,187
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Probably not the right thread for this, but I'm new to NFCU and wonder what the chances are

for a stellar approval right out of the gate on card #1 presuming your profile supports it? 

Most of the data points lean toward 1K-3K limits for a first card, then upwards of 25K

on a second card.  Not interested in apping for multiple cards when it's only one I want.

Also getting conflicting info about them reallocating limits.  Older posts indicate they won't;

at least one more recent post suggested it's no problem.  Presuming they don't, I should

app the card I don't intend to keep first...

Message 8788 of 17,187
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@CJ7 wrote:

Probably not the right thread for this, but I'm new to NFCU and wonder what the chances are

for a stellar approval right out of the gate on card #1 presuming your profile supports it? 

Most of the data points lean toward 1K-3K limits for a first card, then upwards of 25K

on a second card.  Not interested in apping for multiple cards when it's only one I want.

Also getting conflicting info about them reallocating limits.  Older posts indicate they won't;

at least one more recent post suggested it's no problem.  Presuming they don't, I should

app the card I don't intend to keep first...

The odds are very good for a decent approval.

That said, it's always YMMV as we have seen some high scores with low SL.

Navy looks at uti, dti and other aspects.

But from what is in your sig, you should have a very good chance.

Good Luck! 000ahoy.gif

Message 8789 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's great! Congratulations on the auto-CLI. How long have you had your Flagship card? In other words, how long did it take to grow your SL from $4,700 to $24,000?

I have had it since December 2017 but have only ever asked for one credit increase.  It went from $4,700 to $20,000 with that one increase at 91/3.

Message 8790 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.