Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
SMB85
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

What date are people using to calculate their 91/3 date on the first card? Approval date?

Also, I noticed in some of the threads reference to a MAX button for CLI. Did that go away in favor of entering your CLI amount to request?

Message 9151 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it’s your approval date and the Max CLI button is gone, you have to enter a number. 

Message 9152 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is NFCU's guideline for 12 months both BK discharge for credit cards the same for a CLOC? 

Message 9153 of 17,187
JENEA
Valued Member

Can anyone tell me why i can only reply to people in this thread instead of commenting on my own? Im looking to add a second card and would love guidance.

Edit: Disregard, i realized what i was/wasn't doing. *facepalm *
Message 9154 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JENEA wrote:
Can anyone tell me why i can only reply to people in this thread instead of commenting on my own? Im looking to add a second card and would love guidance.

When you hit reply, just type don't hit the quote button, so it's just your words. 

Type out your question and we'll help you with any info. 

Message 9155 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it’s your approval date and the Max CLI button is gone, you have to enter a number. 

I miss the max button. 

Message 9156 of 17,187
JENEA
Valued Member

Hi iv been actively repairing my credit for 5 months. I was in the low 500''s with all 3 bureaus. Last November i apped for a NFCU unsecured card once i hit the 580's (testing luck smh). I was denied so i went for the secured card the next day. Luckily they didn't pull again and i was approved. The only other cc i have is as an authorized user with a $500 limit, never late. Iv had 4 statements and am over 3 months with this NF card. My utilization is 10% and iv paid in full every month except this last month. I let it report a small balance that ended up moving my scores up 15-18 points. At the time of getting the secured card my transunion was 583. Now its 625. The plan has been to wait until i reach the 640's then app for a second card and hope for a good limit. Then wait 6 months and ask for an increase since my fico 9 scores are all in the 690's. I feel like this is a good strategy but need input. I have 2 inquires and 3 open never late installment loans. Aaoa is 7 years. Income is 110k. I have 3 collection accounts showing on transunion. 2 will be removed in about 30 days leaving Ex and Eq clear of collections and transunion with a 200 dollar collection account. Thats when id like to make my move.

I also have 4 student loan tradelines that were rehabilitated last month. They are marked as closed now with the default removed but the old lates are there from 2016 and before.
Message 9157 of 17,187
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

Since December, navy has put a Fico score each month for me. Have they changed their policy of bimonthly ARs to monthly now?
Message 9158 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I believe their AR is still every 2 months but are just updating our Fico9's monthly now as a courtesy.
Message 9159 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JENEA wrote:
... Im looking to add a second card and would love guidance.

Based on what you outlined in your 2nd post in this thread, it doesn't seem you need guidance at all. You've already got a good plan. 

I'd only offer one caution: once your scores jump into the 700's, don't go wacko & app everything because you can get it. It's nice to be asked to dance and there's nothing wrong with cutting some carpet, but it's also okay to sit out a few & instead have a nice chit chat by the punch bowl. 

Message 9160 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.