Did you mean: 

Navy credit card denied. Doesn't meet requirements

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy credit card denied. Doesn't meet requirements

@Anonymous wrote:

Vantage can be sometimes 50 points lower or higher than FICO. 

Not 50, 100+.  Voice of experience.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Vantage can be sometimes 50 points lower or higher than FICO. 

Not 50, 100+.  Voice of experience.

I was trying not to be totally negative 😂 

Message 12 of 21
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

OP, and of you do need to get a secured card with them I would. It will unsecure eventually and you'll have two important things: payment history with them and a better chance for a higher starting line down the road.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Experian site the Fico 8 there scores are Experian 621, Equifax 621, TransUnion 636.... On Equifax site they said my scores was Equifax 536, Experian 478, TransUnion 504.…..which site do I go by? Is there anyway I can find what my Fico 9 score is? What scale does Navy use? This credit thing is so confusing lol...
Message 14 of 21
texasbred71
New Contributor

The Experian scores are the true scores. Your Fico 9 should be on there also. I have read that Navy has thier own internal scoring they use. 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you happen to know how it works?
Message 16 of 21
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

The Navy risk score is a risk score and they look at DTI as well. If you have a low internal , its a slim chance on getting unsecured products from them.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasbred71 wrote:

The Experian scores are the true scores. Your Fico 9 should be on there also. I have read that Navy has thier own internal scoring they use. 

FICO 9 is not provided by Experian right now. You have to get it from myFICO but there’s not much of a point since nobody is really using EX 9. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of an impact does student loans have? I have about 60k in student loans and make around 72k a year... And all my card utilization is 1%.
Message 19 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP

Something is keeping your scores down. Can you tell us everything that’s been going on in your credit profile? Any lates, collections, judgment, bankruptcy, returned checks, high utilization, too many recent accounts, too many hard pulls.

With more information, we can provide further guidance.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.