Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal denial and reconsideration

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy federal denial and reconsideration

I have a secured credit card with navy federal and have had it for 5 months. Never carry more than 1-2% of a balance monthly and never missed a payment .  I recently did the pre-qualify on their website and was told I prequalified for almost all their cards. In the past it only showed their secured card. I went ahead and applied and got a message we will notify you within 24-48 hours. After 24 hours I got an email denying me. I went into the secure messaging and asked for reconsideration, and I got back a message that states "we encourage you to wait for the letter in 7-10 days before proceeding with your reconsideration". Does this make sense to anyone? I know their is a fraud alert on my credit report. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Navy federal denial and reconsideration

Their prequal tool is not worth the webpage it's printed on.  It show my cat as prequalified for everything and he has terrible credit!

Not sure why you were denied but, yes, would wait for the letter.  The fraud alert could very well be the reason.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows? I was approved for the American Express delta skymiles platinum. If navy federal doesn't approve me, I'll wait a year or so and try again. 

Message 3 of 7
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Sorry about the denial.

Their pre-qualified tool is unreliable according to DP's we've had here on myFICO.

Wait for the letter to give you more details for the recon (if you decide to).

Navy isn't well-known for doing recons, but some were reported over the last 3-4 months I believe.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I would trust their prequal tool as much as 1 ply toilet paper, which would be not at all.

Wait for letter and go from there.

Message 5 of 7
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

I would trust their prequal tool as much as 1 ply toilet paper, which would be not at all.

Wait for letter and go from there.

I guess no 1 ply for @blindambition  😆

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.