Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Contact Info for BBVA R/T "unable to verify identity"

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Need Contact Info for BBVA R/T "unable to verify identity"

I applied for a BBVA card and was denied for "unable to verify identity".  Has anyone experienced this who was able to get the application reviewed and eventually approved.   If so,  who was the point of contact at BBVA?  there's one member I've already asked in a pm who said they were successful but refuses to help.  Hopefully there's someone here who is willing to help as they have received help from other members. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: some members chose not to share information

@12njoy wrote:

I applied for a BBVA card and was denied for "unable to verify identity".  Has anyone experienced this who was able to get the application reviewed and eventually approved.   If so,  who was the point of contact at BBVA?  there's one member I've already asked in a pm who said they were successful but refuses to help.  Hopefully there's someone here who is willing to help as they have received help from other members. 

I'm sorry you've encountered folks who have enjoyed the wisdom and assistance of others, but fail to reciprocate.  I've come across a few myself.  Smiley Frustrated

I don't have any info on BBVA, but if it were me, I would change the title of the thread, or start a new one with a topic that would attract folks with BBVA experience, i.e. "Need Contact Info for BBVA Compass NBA Card", or something similar.  There might be folks with your answer, but they may not click your post based on the title.

Hopefully somebody will have the info you're looking for.  Good luck!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 19
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

hope you find your answer!

Message 4 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear 12njoy. My ordeal was a bit different. They called me for verification and the card arrived about two weeks later. When I tried to swipe it at Ralph's, it was declined. I called customer service who said my account was closed because they couldn't verify me. I got nowhere with the front line agents. So I sent a complaint to CFPB and a few weeks later was notified the account was reopened. About a week after that, I got a letter from the VP of Lending services. I wish I had kept the letter, with her name and number on it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Message 5 of 19
12njoy
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Sorry to hear 12njoy. My ordeal was a bit different. They called me for verification and the card arrived about two weeks later. When I tried to swipe it at Ralph's, it was declined. I called customer service who said my account was closed because they couldn't verify me. I got nowhere with the front line agents. So I sent a complaint to CFPB and a few weeks later was notified the account was reopened. About a week after that, I got a letter from the VP of Lending services. I wish I had kept the letter, with her name and number on it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks B335 that helps.  It burns me up when someone says "PM me and I'll send the info" .  Then you PM them and they don't even have the decency to respond.  I saw that the message was read too.  It's like getting help from people but not wanting to give help.  Oh well nothing I can do about that now.  I was going to do the CFPB route too.  I applied before and got the same message and I pushed the issue and got a supposedly 2nd review with a decline stating the identical reasons affecting my credit score.  It's like they did a cut and paste from the CRA into the 2nd denial letter.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 19
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hope you find your answer!

Thanks it appears that only one poster has been successful with this and their not sharing.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 19
12njoy
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

I'm sorry you've encountered folks who have enjoyed the wisdom and assistance of others, but fail to reciprocate.  I've come across a few myself.  Smiley Frustrated

I don't have any info on BBVA, but if it were me, I would change the title of the thread, or start a new one with a topic that would attract folks with BBVA experience, i.e. "Need Contact Info for BBVA Compass NBA Card", or something similar.  There might be folks with your answer, but they may not click your post based on the title.

Hopefully somebody will have the info you're looking for.  Good luck!  Smiley Wink

Great idea UncleB.  Is there a mod who can change the title of this thread to "Need Contact Info for BBVA because BBVA unable to verify identity on credit app"?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 19
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks Saleen

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked someone for help, too. I was disappointed that I had no response. I don't often ask for help, but am willing to give help when I can. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.