Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on a potential multi app + rebuild

tag
sbabs1997
Established Member

Need advice on a potential multi app + rebuild

Hello all! Been rebuilding my credit the past couple of years and I'm currently at 

EX - 703

TU - 713

EQ - 710 (waiting for an incorrect item on one of my cards to show as $0 balance)

I have one CO from 2016 (Discover) that's since paid, 0% util (two NFCU's with a 6700 & 1900 limit (2 yrs 8 months), a capital one quicksilverone $400 limit (6 months), a milestone $700 limit (1.5 years) also have a car loan w/ $15k balance and four personal loans two under $2k, one at $6k and one at $7k

I'm really trying to do away with my subprime cards and start fresh with stellar/right under stellar cards. Income is $130K and I'm a Chase customer for 1.5 years now with high debit card spend.

Can you all let me know thoughts on these? Targeting travel/dining cards as I travel often as well.

- CSR (my dream card, just applied today, got the 2 week message calling recon tomorrow)

- Cap1 Venture X/Venture (deciding which I should land on)

- Citi DoubleCash

- AMEX Gold 

I'm trying to possibly do multiple apps at once after my Chase decision since i'm at 4/24, and get back in with Discover after I'm off the hook next year. Thank you all for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need advice on a potential multi app + rebuild

Hi @sbabs1997 , I would not open multiple cards after a Chase approval (unless you feel lucky?)

Chase will be Soft pulling your reports and watching. IMO, I would give it at least 90 days if Chase approves you.

Message 2 of 3
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice on a potential multi app + rebuild

I have a strong affinity toward AMEX as they have always treated me well and for me customer service has been pretty good.  Once you build a relationship with them for a card, I like that CLI and future cards are usually just a soft credit pull.

I do not have a lot of experience with the others that you listed.  I do know the Venture X is the more prestige card and believe you have to qualify for a higher credit limit (~$10k) in order to get that card.  Check the boards as others with more experience can let you know.  Of course the one thing I dislike about Capital One is the triple hard pull to get a card, but at least CLI are typically soft pulls.

As far as Citibank, my mom has the double card and uses it for some of her spend, but she has become very loyal to USAA so utilizes them for all of her banking, credit, and insurance (yes they are cheaper for her and the rest of my family).  It is also simplier for her to see everything in one app with USAA.  But back to Citibank, I think the one thing I disliked is they make it difficult to get a check/deposit to bank account for the cashback.  As of about 6 months ago, I could never find it in the app.  I had to log into the desktop version of their website to find an option to send the cashback as a check/bank deposit instead of just a statement credit.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.