cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* Need help, weird Chase FU application situation!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **bleep** chase? please help!

1. Have you moved within the last 6 months?  Its possible that the sources where Chase draws its information like the State DMV database and/or Lexis Nexis haven't been updated to show the new address.

2.  I would encourage you to get her actual FICO scores.  Especially with thin credit files, there could be a wide variance between FICO and VantageScores; it wouldn't be unusual to see a 100 point difference.

3. Pull her credit reports and check for any errors; especially since she has a space in her last name you want to check how its recorded by the credit bureaus; for example they could be using one of her last names as a middle name.

4.  Once the Fraud Prevention team takes over an application or account there's nothing anyone else can do.  So calling recon will be a waste of time.

5.  I'm curious why you decided to reapply if you got a confirmation e-mail from Chase for the first app.

Message 21 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ibebarrett wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Appeal or not... it's time to let the dust settle. 

How did Chase get the Alabama address in the first place? App? CR? Doesn't make much sense.

The issue is jumping the gun on the 30 day wait which is usually an inconsistency in the info provided and the info pulled.  Usually they reach out within a week to verify things.   CSR's sometimes don't see apps if they go straight to fraud for review. 

I'm assuming they got it from her Credit report, thats the only other address on there? I hear what your saying about the 30 day wait, more than anything its frustrating that they told her to reapply. I've seen so many times on this forum where the standard CSR's ended up causing more bad than good, I should have known better and told her to wait before applying again. We were honestly pretty shocked when her mom contacted us about a letter for my gf from chase!

I guess we sort of have the answer then.  So, if you still want to contest it right now it's probably going to be more of a headache than waiting it out and trying again later.  Right now though Chase has their radar up and won't do much and the computer will auto deny based on the multiple apps in a short period of time.  Once everything expires on their end it should clear up some of the issues and make it easier to apply again.  A couple of HP's isn't going to hurt anything all that much.  

Cosnider it a lesson learned and patience is a virtue to be used with Chase when they go pending for 30 days. 

Good learning experience I suppose, I guess we playing the waiting game now

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 22 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

@ibebarrett wrote:

Chase has been giving my girlfriend the biggest run around.

May 1st filled out a Freedom Unlimited application. Got a confirmation of application email. Didn't hear anything else.

Called May 6th to check status of application. Chase rep said there was no record of a previous application. Told my girlfriend to reapply. Ended call and reapplied. Called back to confirm this one went through. Representative said that there were now two applications and that she needed to wait for denial letters. The letter for the first application arrived at her mom's house in Alabama. The letter for the second application arrived at our home in Washington. First one got denied because "some of the information was not correct" second one got denied for being a duplicate. 

Called back to say hey! I am the applicant and I would like to verify my information. Fraud department asked her all the security questions, they asked her several times for her email and seemed to think it was incorrect even though it was the one she was receiving the Chase confirmations at. Now both applications are denied and closed, and no one will tell her what she can do to verify her identity. She's asked if she can go to a physical location to provide verification but no one seems to know. They just keep telling her "you can reapply". Even when we try to call the recon line, all they want to do is forward us to the fraud department who have not interest in talking to her or helping her verify her identity. She's been told the application is closed and cannot be accessed, that it is still processing, that "the fraud department has it so I dont know", that she did not answer security questions, that her answers to security questions were not sufficient, and that all she can do is reapply. 

No one can provide a consistent answer and now Chase want her to put a 3rd inquiry on her credit with no actual answer of why these applications are being denied.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what to do next?

I would just head to a Chase branch will a full credit report printed to talk about what has happened.

a printed copy is a good idea thanks! 

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
Message 23 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Have you moved within the last 6 months?  Its possible that the sources where Chase draws its information like the State DMV database and/or Lexis Nexis haven't been updated to show the new address.

2.  I would encourage you to get her actual FICO scores.  Especially with thin credit files, there could be a wide variance between FICO and VantageScores; it wouldn't be unusual to see a 100 point difference.

3. Pull her credit reports and check for any errors; especially since she has a space in her last name you want to check how its recorded by the credit bureaus; for example they could be using one of her last names as a middle name.

4.  Once the Fraud Prevention team takes over an application or account there's nothing anyone else can do.  So calling recon will be a waste of time.

5.  I'm curious why you decided to reapply if you got a confirmation e-mail from Chase for the first app.

1. It's been almost 2 years since weve moved.

2. Yeah I'm trying to get her to be more informed of her credit situation, that being said, I would understand if the file being thin was the reasoning, doesn't super apply in this case to our current knowledge :/

3. I'm pretty sure her CR shows her last name both ways, but she had this problem once before with our credit union, just didn't think about it initially. I'll have her check her CR tonight though!

4. We've slowly realized that now but thanks for confirming!

5. I'm not sure why we listened to the CSR, should have known better!

Message 24 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

UPDATE

So I've searched several places and all of her ficos are above 700, weird thing is equifax only shows one CC(doesn't show my card that she's AU on) and it is listed as just an account not even a credit card(it is a bank card), it also shows no address or contact info. Funny thing is despite all this, Chase Journey offers her all cards with solid APR. TU and EX are both accurate other than TU showing her dad's phone number as opposed to hers.

It's been over a month since original application and tomorrow marks a month from the second application, Escalation Department still hasn't found the correct department, they keep calling and requesting her SS# again and again.

Message 25 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

Finally heard back from chase, they couldn't confirm her identity through EQ(EX was fine though)...4 different EQ phone numbers later and it sounds like there is a fraud alert on her account that we now need to resolve!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.