Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on next card/spree

tag
Tyrannos
Valued Member

Need some advice on next card/spree

Currently, I am thinking of the following cards.

USB Cash+: I want this one for utilities and home furnishing for home updates we are planning on doing in the next couple of months.

Amex BCP: Currently we are using my discover for supermarkets but we only have about $400 left at 5%.

???: One meant for travel. I'm not sure which one yet. Problem with this one is I am alreadying building my Cash Back cards up I might not be able to put enough purchases to get a decent amount of points.

One Bad Thing: Wells Fargo Charge Off thats gonna fall off 6/20.

Inquiries & Score:

TU: 3     701

EX: 4     693

EQ: 1     ???

AAoA: 4 yrs 8 mos

AoOA: 11 yrs 3 mos

AoYA: 1 mo

I'm at 5/24 I thought I was lower but I forgot about a dentist setup Care Credit we didn't use and just ended up closing. I know I should probably just wait for the Charge Off to fall off but I will be needing those cards soon to improve my cash back.

PNC Pointless: $6900 | Amex Blue Cash Preferred: $6000 | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $5000 | AOD Visa Signature: $5000 | Discover IT Cash Back: $3700 | Ollo Optimum: $2600 | Citi Double Cash: $2500 | Synchrony - Discount Tire: $2500 | Marvel: $1500 | Capital One Walmart: $300
US Bank Cash+: $1000 | Capital One Savor One: $2500 | Chase Freedom: $500 | Capital One Walmart: $300
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need some advice on next card/spree

Are you planning on waiting until June to apply? (Seems like a good idea.)

Are you eligible for Navy Federal membership?

Message 2 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Spree and us bank don't go together.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the pain of having to wait, but I strongly urge you to wait until that charge off falls off your reports.

How many new accounts do you have in the last 12 months? US Bank uses this as a reason for denial, so if it’s 2 or 3, I’d still wait. Many of us have been denied for having 3 new accounts in the last 12 months.

If you wait, you’ll be more successful in your spree. You’re on the edge of not being approved for the AMEX (gets iffy at the 700 range) as it is, so waiting is just the most logical thing to do.

If/when you go for it, I’d do cash+ first, then BCP. After that, I’d wait 3-6 months for a travel card
Message 4 of 8
Tyrannos
Valued Member

Yeah I didn't listen to all the wise advice and got denied for US Bank.

Reasons:

Average time bankcard revolving accounts have been open is too short

Too many credit inquiries in the last 3 months

Percentage of accounts opened in the last 6 months is too high

Now I must wait patiently in the garden for 6-12 months till I can apply again.

HA forget that! I already got my wife to apply and she got approved! Also I had gotten approved for the BCP!

PNC Pointless: $6900 | Amex Blue Cash Preferred: $6000 | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $5000 | AOD Visa Signature: $5000 | Discover IT Cash Back: $3700 | Ollo Optimum: $2600 | Citi Double Cash: $2500 | Synchrony - Discount Tire: $2500 | Marvel: $1500 | Capital One Walmart: $300
US Bank Cash+: $1000 | Capital One Savor One: $2500 | Chase Freedom: $500 | Capital One Walmart: $300
Message 5 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Congratulations on DW and your approvals!
Message 6 of 8
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Locking this thread as OP has been approved. Congrats.

Sorry about US Bank denial. 

Feel free to start approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.