Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing help on timeline for applying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing help on timeline for applying

Hey guys,

new to posting on here, but I've been a long time lurker. 

You guys have already been helpful on a few topics that I've started, and so I'm hoping that a few of you might be able to help me here. 

Basically, my situation is:

Exp 683  / Vantage 3 is at 702 / TU was last updated at 650 Equi at 656 through Experian's service

I had a $1,286 collection with Midland that was just paid off, which I'll have a letter for in three days, with a deletion to follow. 

AAoA is 2y10m

No balances besides 42K on a car note, no lates on. 

1 year since any derogs

Highest credit limit for my own acct is 1500 on Cap1, and 2800 Nordstrom, which was auto bumped recently from 2K

My FICO has gone up 110 points in the past 40 days based on paying off 6k worth of revolving, but should be better once collection is off. 

Cards are generally with SL of (all 0 balances):

Credit One 450

Neiman 650

Wells Secured 400

Cap One 1500

Cap One 400

Amex 1K

Nordstroms 2800

CU card 2K 

I've asked for cli on Amex that I've opened in May with a 600 fico (before it dipped), and was rejected, though I've shown usage and paying down to 0.  Seems they had me at a 613 Exp when Exp themselves had me at 663 earlier in the month. 

I am on my wife's cards as well, with a few 25k, 30k, etc SL's that are down to 0 balances. 

Any thoughts on when I should attempt to start new relationships or where to go? I'm concerned the collection not showing paid or being deleted will result in more declines. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Fwiw, wife pulled straight 730s and up. 

Thanks again

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Needing help on timeline for applying

Welcome to MyFICO

IMHO, don’t apply for anything until that collection is deleted from the CB that’s reporting it.

I think AmX is declining a CLI at this time because you barely got in.

I believe once that collection is deleted, success will follow.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go out today and put a small charge on one of the majors (not a store card), and let that charge report before you pay it off. You’re taking a scoring hit for having every card report zero usage. Make sure one card reports between $10 and 8.9% of its limit each month to max out your scores (you can search AZEO Technique to learn about this). Agreed with the above, let that chargeoff disappear, and let the bureaus see the small charge on one card, before you app for anything, and you’ll see your scores increase and improve your odds.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys!

I really appreciate the help. I am seeing that I can help myself better by making it easier pon folks by being more detailed. 

I have a couple of cards that were reporting previously at $20 or so. I'll make sure I follow the AZEO method, since I've seen this work for people on here in the past. 

For the scores outside of Exp, I should have mentioned that the others are a once a month reporting plan that I have through Experian. At the time that they last reported those lower scores, my Exp was in a similar range, just two weeks ago. So, I'm believing that the scores will be similar to the Exp score the next time I have access to them in two weeks. It's only that the Exp is easier to know a precise score at the moment due to the service plan I have for them directly. 

I'll be patient, let the collection drop from Midland (I'm assuming this is better than being impatient and simply applying around after showing the account as paid through the letter) and then do some apps. 

Thank you again guys!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

"1 year since any derogs"

What and when are the derogs? Scoring gain with Midland removal might be limited if derogs are 60-120 days lates or other collections.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 30 on Store card with a balance under $100. Just lost track of it at the time.

The collection was a $1280 from Midland that is over 2 years since date of filing, so midland says they will request deletion from cb’s
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will delete it. May take up to 45 days but it’ll be gone.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, man. Spoke with them and said I needed the collection off after it posted to their accts as paid due to mortage seeking. I was bluffing but they bought it and said they'd take it off within a week. Just checked, and all clean!!!! No collections, clean report!

Thank you guys

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.