Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never thought id say this .. Im looking at a store card... Amazon Prime

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Never thought id say this .. Im looking at a store card... Amazon Prime

Not going to do this right away... But im considering the Amazon Prime store card.....

5% back on almost everything at Amazon.... Its tempting....

*must not scratch that itch for a few months*

Anyone have any feedback on it? I do buy a lot from Az... 

Probably will wait till after Discover has their 5% offer next quarter to app though...

No not the Chase card.... but the actual store card.....

Am pondering going for the Costco Visa when its avalible.... my CU just went to MC.... and I only have the Freedom...

-J

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Never thought id say this .. Im looking at a store card... Amazon Prime

I really like mine. For larger purchases you can get no interest for several to 12 months.

It went from $600 to $6000 in about 8 months. They also have several options for how to apply your payments (so you can maximize the promotional purchases).

The CLI button never works, but the online chat CSRs are usually very helpful.

Out of all the store cards, I think it is the most useful, because they pretty much have everything you could want!

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have Amazon Prime and we use the card for everything. If you're an Amazon shopper it's a must! I know, I'm not helping but you get statement credits. 

Message 3 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Got it seems like a great card to have for its benifits and at least its for store that has wide selection and should be here to stay. Grows with you too!
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I shop on Amazon frequently and I have to say that this card is a must. The cashback as well as the promotional financing for anything over I believe $199 is worth it. And also gross fairly quickly. I started in January with 500 and it's over 4K Now
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any store card with promo financing options all the time are not predatory, they really are good tools to have in your wheelhouse.
Lowes, amazon, Walmart… all sync too
Message 6 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

It's funny that you mention this... the Amazon Prime store card is actually the only PLCC I don't have that I would be interested in getting.  Smiley Wink

Like others have mentioned the promotional financing can come in handy, and 5% off nearly everything is difficult to beat.

The only reason I've not already jumped on it is my local Kroger has Amazon gift cards, and I can buy them there and get 6% cash back with my BCP and earn fuel points at the same time.  If I ever move where there's not a grocery store that sells Amazon GCs or (heaven forbid) I lose my BCP I'll definitely be knocking on the door of the Amazon Store card.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Keep in mind that with prime membership you get free shipping and if you tie this in with say BlisPay you'll still get 6 months of interest free purchasing.

I mention this as an "option" only and truth in advertising, I have the Amazon card with an 8K CL and I use it all the time for free shipping and the 5% back - once in a while I use the extended financing option - don't think I've paid a penny in interest on an Amazon purchase in 2-3 years. 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a great card to have if you use it all the time.  I use this for just about everyone in my family.  It's simple to check out, and very quick to arrive.  And I can get just about anything that anyone wants and can't find in the stores here.  

Message 9 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Two quick points ive noticed since ive had the card ( about 2 months now)
1) even though i dont spend massive money here, yet anyway Smiley Happy i decided to go prime so the free shipping really helps because of where i live and
2) i agree with Sandibeach22, the things come pretty fast and im very impressed with the keeping me informed of the shipping status. It maybe small but on my last order the day it was supposed to arrive my wife wasnt able to hear the postman so i missed the delivery i got an instant email at work same day they were sorry they missed me but i could set up redelivery if i wanted. Got it next day. I was impressed.

So far very pleased with amazon and my cardSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.