Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never thought id say this .. Im looking at a store card... Amazon Prime

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Never thought id say this .. Im looking at a store card... Amazon Prime

I've heard mostly good about this card also. If it was something I wanted or could use, I'd probably consider it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 21 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Never thought id say this .. Im looking at a store card... Amazon Prime

Store cards themselves dont disgust me.. Store cards with low limits and not worth the rewards bother me, also store cards obtained via the Shopping Cart Trick *DO* disgust me.. I have an Amazon Prime sub so I have to weigh the options... And this is a case where some of the rewards surpass their prime lender card (Chase Amazon)... Plus as someone said.. Store cards do hit your insurance score harder than a prime lender card... And as someone mentioned.. Some quarterly rewards cards can pinch hit for this... but if you use amazon year round (which I do).. its tempting to apply (esp in the third quarter since im waiting for my score to settle down after a few apps and discover will cover the 5% for next quarter... during the wait/gardening)

Some folks have had success applying for a fistful of low value store cards.. Its just not the road I wish to partake... rather take the other path....

Hence why the idea is still a bit unsettling.. but the name of the game is rewards on what you already spend....

-J

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.