Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New House New Cards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New House New Cards!

I close on my house next week and am excited to open some new cards!

I have 5 inquires in the past two years, and my TU score (according to Disco) is 740.

I think I'll open the cards in this order assuming PNC and Citi will be the hardest:

PNC Cash Rewards -> Citi Double Cash -> PenFed Pathfinder -> Lowes

What do you guys think? Will my 5 inquires turn any of these banks off?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New House New Cards!

go with Citi premier. Grab the bonus,

one year later PC to double cash

AF is waived for the first year

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you still think I should apply to PNC first assuming they're harder?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC Cash Rewards ->  I know with these guys they're INQ sensitive as they shot me down with 5 on my EX report

Citi Double Cash -> Easy but, as someone said aim for the Bonu$ and then downgrade after a year 

PenFed Pathfinder -> couldn't say

Lowes -> Appliances?  Grows quick w/ a call to Credit Solutions

W/ Mid 700''s I'm more inclined to say shop around a bit more unless you're dead set on these 4 in particular.

I would check here and see if there's anything else that's more enticing and it's all broken down by lender.

Message 4 of 6
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

My only 2 cents here is that I've had a PNC card for quite some time and found it to be one of the most under utilized in my fleet.  It was never a 'grower' or a high SL, and doesn't appear to be compared to the rest of my arsenal.  Although I do plenty of banking with them, it's never been a generous card.  I'm inclined to say shoot for something else but, depending on your intentions and/or benefits from it, it could be the right card for you.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for posting that link. It helped me locate a link for a 50K SUB for the Delta Skymiles Platinum I plan on applying for in two weeks!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.