Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New NFCU member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New NFCU member

I've been studying the boards and going to proceed with getting in with NFCU. Wondering if I should ask them about credit cards in the same phone call or wait a bit? I just got a new Merrick Bank card last week. My scores are roughly 644 TU and 642 EQ. Still a newbie, so go easy on me Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: New NFCU member

Welcome to the forums. Per your phone call, you can ask if you are prequalified for any of their cards. I'm sure many here will be able to guide you in the best direction. Best of luck to you.
Message 2 of 24
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Jump in.

Can be cold at first but they warm up.

The sooner you get your first card with NFCU the sooner you will get your second card.

Usually the second card is much much better than the first.

Within 4 months you might get a $5,000 + cc.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 24
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum @Adultingistoohard92

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Navy Fed family, they definitely take care of their members.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Heart

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question. They have a promotion for $25 to open online right now. I have to open by phone due to my membership qualification, can they override that do you think? Don't want to seem greedy but $25 is $25!

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - just called and applied for checking and savings, they told me 5-7 business days for approval. Can't apply for a cc until approved as a member. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the insight and the push!

Message 8 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck and early congratulations on your membership!

Message 9 of 24
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Good luck to you. I funded my account with cap1 when I joined. Super easy to deal with.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.