Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Overstock Pre-qualification Link

tag
Legally_Speaking2512
Frequent Contributor

New Overstock Pre-qualification Link

I was on the overstock.com website earlier and noticed that they now have a pre-qualification link for the overstock store card. This is new from what I understand. I have had the card for about 8 months now and I had to use the shopping cart trick to get it LOL. Anyways if anybody's interested here's the link below. I think it might make you create an account first but it's worth it if it can help determine if you're at least pre-qualified for the card as opposed to a blind hard pull.

https://www.overstock.com/storecardapplication

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
snapcat
Valued Member

Re: New Overstock Pre-qualification Link

That's good to know! Thanks for sharing!

This is one card that I *Wish* would land at some other bank other than Comenity. My balance hasn't been updated since June. I've enjoyed using it, but it's definitely one that you want to PIF or use the special financing for. The interest rate is 29.9%! They used to give big SL. I don't know if they still do. I used to get one every 3 months with a SP. They are HP now, so I'll just use what I've got. But the Overstock ecosystem could not be greater. Everyone I've talked to has been super helpful and patient. And they have delivery down to the science. It's fast & free.
Message 2 of 4
Legally_Speaking2512
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely, happy I could help. It took me a couple years to land the overstock card and finally at the end of last year I was approved using the shopping cart trick method. It was only like a $250 limit and for the life of me I cannot get Comenity to show me some love and give me an increase. Even though I've almost paid it off within a few dollars every time I use it - as in I make the monthly payments and usually around $10 or so on the balance I end up finding something I like. 

I agree it's definitely a PIF card and usually I will only use it just to keep a good payment history with them as opposed to it being something that I really need that I ended up buying LOL. You're absolutely right that they did used to give out CLI's like they were going out of style. I know people from previous threads have said that they would first get the card and immediately hit the increase button and get approved. Oh well just got to keep trying I guess. 

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

One thing to keep in mind, especially after their recent system enhancement, most CLIs are now resulting in HPs. Not sure if this impacts Overstock currently or some of the other similar closed-loop PLCCs, but plenty of members have reported HP CLIs on some of their Comenity accounts. Not much candy being handed out these days!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.