Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quicktrip QT card

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

New Quicktrip QT card

I buy my gas at QT and have been wanting a card from them for a long time. However, their consumer cards have been off the table for some time. I got gas this morning and noticed they now offer one. The cards are issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha. I was wondering if anyone had one yet and if you have any data points on them yet?

https://www.firstbankcard.com/common/shared/lp/2016/quiktrip/web/

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Re: New Quicktrip QT card

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I buy my gas at QT and have been wanting a card from them for a long time. However, their consumer cards have been off the table for some time. I got gas this morning and noticed they now offer one. The cards are issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha. I was wondering if anyone had one yet and if you have any data points on them yet?

I applied the first day I could and was denied for inquiries as always by FNBO.  EX FICO 672 with 61 inquiries.  I am freezing EX for 6 to 12 months and I will try again. Love QT! 

Message 2 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I applied the first day I could and was denied for inquiries as always by FNBO.  EX FICO 672 with 61 inquiries.  I am freezing EX for 6 to 12 months and I will try again. Love QT! 

That is what I was afraid of. I have 27 and my FICo is 678 but I am sure I would be denied too. Oh well. Maybe later.

Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Just when I thought leaving their partnership with UMB Bank was going to be a plus, they go with another conservative lender. 

Message 4 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Just when I thought leaving their partnership with UMB Bank was going to be a plus, they go with another conservative lender. 

Agreed. I would have come out of the garden to get their card if they had gone through Sych or other lender that I am in good with. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although we won't app until we've bought our house, I'm also intereseted in knowing more about this card. There's almost literally a QT on every corner in this town.

Message 6 of 10
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

I have 21 inq and was denied.  Too many inq was the only reason stated. 

Message 7 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@ccpat wrote:

I have 21 inq and was denied.  Too many inq was the only reason stated. 

Interesting. So apparently they are inquiry sensitive. Do you have any baddies on your credit? 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Have any of you tried to recon? I know someone who just got approved for a card with FNBO amd she has many many Inquires, over 30.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I like QT as well, but for their APR to be 25.99% and just get $.03 per gallon off, you'd have to be making some massive gas purchases to make that pay off. My Walmart card does better at 2% CB on gas at their gas stations, which is better than the 3 cents off on this card.

Any decent CB card you have now will give you better benefits than a card that's only good at one brand of store. IMO.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.