cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New To Credit Building & Looking For Advice, 3rd Card?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Which Credit Cards Do not require tax returns

@project21 wrote:

Hi,

To answer your question, when I refer to "rebuilding,":

Due to my "former" mentality, the last time I checked my credit was probably 7 to 10 years ago (maybe a little bit longer or shorter). Back then (even further back after college) I was heavily focused on building preferred skills, not income. (It mattered MUCH more to me to find what I truly enjoyed doing vs. climbing the corporate ladder ) Thus my income was not as consistent as I would have liked.

Inconsistent income = Inconsistent bill paying.

Due to this (and lack of credit education) my scores had always been in the 500's. They could have been higher but I just assumed that I always had bad credit so I rarely checked. I preferred to pay all cash anyway. Simple and efficient. (Or so I thought)

Long story short...found my skill set & passion (the fuel to my life), found my self-employed business, and found that it just makes sense to use business credit to help grow your business (why re-invent the wheel).

So, I obtained a Chime secured card which I have been using for about 2 years. I believe I signed up with myFICO a year later and was surprised at my scores. Maybe it's just me, but this credit-building is starting to get addictive. 

Now that you've revealed that it's actually business credit you're interested in, here are some recommendations:

Amex Blue Business Cash

FNBO Evergreen Business

Chase Ink Cash

US Bank Triple Cash Rewards

You should NOT use your personal credit cards for business purchases. It creates tax, bookkeeping, accounting, and legal problems to mix up business and personal.

That being said, it helps with your business credit growth to have good personal credit scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 14
project21

Looking To Apply For Third Card...

EQ | 737
TU | 736
EX | 740

Hi,

I have recently been approved for 2 credit Cards. Amazon Rewards Card: 4k, and a Truist Bank Future Card: 8k. I am looking to get approved for one more card before I rest for six months to a year. I was writing to find out what cards would be the best option for me. I am currently looking for easy approvals vs rewards cards. Even better would be cards that do not perform hard pulls (like Truist). From reading the posts, I believe this is the best strategy. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I continue to read (again and again) on this forum that I need to get approved before my tradelines show up on my report. I have received so much valuable information, and I truly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 

Please take care.  

Message 12 of 14
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Re: Looking To Apply For Third Card...

@project21 wrote:

EQ | 737
TU | 736
EX | 740

Hi,

I have recently been approved for 2 credit Cards. Amazon Rewards Card: 4k, and a Truist Bank Future Card: 8k. I am looking to get approved for one more card before I rest for six months to a year. I was writing to find out what cards would be the best option for me. I am currently looking for easy approvals vs rewards cards. Even better would be cards that do not perform hard pulls (like Truist). From reading the posts, I believe this is the best strategy. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I continue to read (again and again) on this forum that I need to get approved before my tradelines show up on my report. I have received so much valuable information, and I truly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 

Please take care.  

Maybe for a SP credit card approval, look at credit unions.  I think GreenState is one that does a SP, not sure if you have to have an account and they may not be local to you.

GL and congrats on all your successes 🎉🎉🎉

Message 13 of 14
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Re: Which Credit Cards Do not require tax returns

Not beginner cards but sounds like you can use a trio like the Chase Freedom unlimited, Amex Blue Cash Everday & Preferred.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.