Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New approvals and 1 denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New approvals and 1 denial

Hi there!

Since Ive last posted Ive had some positive changes! My scores have gone up. I went to discover to see if I was pre approved and to my surprise I actually was pre approved for a Discover it card! I applied, and got approved with a 700CL, not high but still better than a denial! I ended up with an inquiry as expected. Then I was on a app wave, so the next day I went to VS, and approved for a 200CL. I should've stopped there, but the a few hours after my VS app, I went and applied for another comenity bank card and got denied! Smiley Sad So that inquiry wasnt even worth it! My scored ended up going down 2-5 points. I havent been denied in a very long time, so im wondering if that will hurt my credit besides the points that already dropped? Will that lower my chances for approvals in the future?? Also, how do I find those little card images that people have on their profiles??

Thanks!

1/2019: EX-635, EQ-620 TU- 657

12/2018: EX-614 EQ-613 TU-633

Capital one platinum 500 (12/2015)

Fingerhut 1600 (4/2018)

Kohl’s 300 (6/2018)

American eagle federal credit union secured card 250 (9/2018)

Credit one 400 (10/2018)

Victoria's Secret 200 (1/2019

Discover IT 700 (1/2019)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New approvals and 1 denial

I really suggest that you start gardening for about a year. If you apply anyting soon, it will definitely look like you are desparate for credit since most inquiries and new accounts are so recent.

Here's the sig on your profile Smiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Cards-on-your-Signature/m-p/5369361

Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome OP

It is definitely time to go to the garden—12 mos is good. And here are some need-to-knows for future reference.

Very low SLs mean you were barely approved so future CLIs may not happen anytime soon.

It’s not good to have more than 1-2 store cards so try not to get anymore.

Once you get a denial, it’s definitely time to stop the credit-seeking behavior.

Your scores may drop some more due to AAOA and AOYA.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that info! Since I’m fairly new here, I’m not 100% sure on all the acronyms yet! Lol. What is AAOA and AOYA?
Message 4 of 6
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for that info! Since I’m fairly new here, I’m not 100% sure on all the acronyms yet! Lol. What is AAOA and AOYA?

Welcome to My Fico!!  000welcome17.gif

Age of oldest account, Average age of accounts, Age of youngest account; are the ages to pay attention to. 

Here's a link to the most common abbreviations. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gardening aside, I would put that Credit One predatory card on the chopping block now that you got a few more cards, if not immediately, definitely before next annual fee hits.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.