Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here. Any tips would be great

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here. Any tips would be great

Hi! I am currently rebuilding after many mistakes in the past. Score was at 522 CK before going up to 639 CK now. I checked on my FICO a week ago and said I was at 616 before my limit increases from Cap One. I am trying to get maybe one or 2 more cards to help with utilization. Currently at 40% until. I am planning on keeping that closer to 20. I have a Cap one secured, platinum and quicksilver one. I also got Amazon for 800 and express for 250 (via shopping cart trick). Any cards I can try for? Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: New here. Any tips would be great

Get your util down a little more. Maybe consider apping for Barclays Rewards MC, they approved me with a TU right in the neighborhood of yours...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you get in with navy federal credit union?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried getting Barclays but no luck even with recon. Too many inquiries (7). How do I go about with Navy Federal?
Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I was going to also say get your utilization down, but if inquiries are an issue I'm not sure you want to be apping for anything. It may be best to work on the utilization and garden for a bit to let things grow.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

+1 I would wait a bit and get the utilization down.....you also don't want to grow to many cards too fast, as that will hurt your score also.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you have any immediate family with military or DOD background? you really need to get that 40% down though

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.