cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Barclaycard Sallie Mae 6 Mo Auto CLI- Bad to apply for new card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Barclaycard Sallie Mae 6 Mo Auto CLI- Bad to apply for new card?

Hello all! As most of you know I am currently building my credit at which would be considered at rapid pace. To my surprise I was not given an auto CLI with Barclaycard Sallie Mae after 6 mo statemnt. Would this indicate that it would be a bad idea(denial) to apply for either US Air or Arrival +? Plans are to close CSP if approved but with 2 different banks im sure they wont care. 6 Transunion inquires in the last year. Originally Denied for Sallie Mae because of inquires but recon understood I was building and said no problem at all.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: No Barclaycard Sallie Mae 6 Mo Auto CLI- Bad to apply for new card?

I had Barclay Rewards MC for a year (instantly approved for $1.5k) and no auto-CLI ever. At pretty much the one year mark, I applied for Sallie Mae and was instantly approved for $2k. 

So I think it would be possible for you to apply for Arrival+ and get approved (although it depends what your report looks like of course!). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the Juniper, (a Barclay product), for 5 years and never got an auto CLI. Did get one CLI which I asked for that cost me a hard pull. Anyway, I applied for the NFL Extra Points Visa last month and was approved for $5K.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would try for a new card 

Message 4 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Applying for a new account and getting a CLI, bizzarely enough, never are treated as the same thing by a creditor. It may be you don't have enough usage, or whatever factor they've decided, to warrant a CLI on the Sallie Mae, but that doesn't mean you can't get approved for something else with Barclay. It's happened to plenty of people -- they get stuck at a limit with a card yet can get approved for other cards no problem.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.