Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Disco CLI love for me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Disco CLI love for me.

Just throwing this out there, but I hit the luv button this morning for the heck of it and was turned down. Been with them since Oct. 2018, never late, always PIF. They have, in the past, increased my limit automatically and it's been about five months since the last one. Wasn't really expecting an increase due to the economy tanking. Guess I'll have to wait for the letter to find out why, though. No big deal, either way.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: No Disco CLI love for me.

Sorry to hear. I hit it in February for the first time and got a CLI. I've been waiting 3 months to do it again, but I don't think I'll press it now. Might wait another 3 months to get passed this stuff.

Message 2 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you want cli from Disco  this will be a common feeling/ outcome. No biggie, you just keep smashing when mood hits you. No one should take insufficient experience  personal as its only their way of saying no.  It eventually happens though usually when you least expect itSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@TSlop wrote:

Sorry to hear. I hit it in February for the first time and got a CLI. I've been waiting 3 months to do it again, but I don't think I'll press it now. Might wait another 3 months to get passed this stuff.

Honestly, you can hit it at anytime. If one really wants to try and time it maybe after your score updates each month but ive experienced it with and without updates

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I hit the luv button this morning for the heck of it and was turned down ...

If I had a $ for every time Disco said, "NO!" I'd for sure have a humungous pile of $ and thus could pay for everything with $ Smiley LOL 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat. I opened my car with them in Jan 2020, just before I reached 90 days and 3 cycles I hit the "Luv button" and they dangled $300 in front of me. I declined because I read that some people that declined it and applied a week later received a bigger CLI, so I wanted to put this theory to the test. Covid 19 came and they have been saying no to me for over a month. I always PIF and never carry a balance, I guess I will get some soup from of them one of these days.

Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I opened my car with them in Jan 2020, just before I reached 90 days and 3 cycles I hit the "Luv button" and they dangled $300 in front of me. I declined because I read that some people that declined it and applied a week later received a bigger CLI, so I wanted to put this theory to the test. Covid 19 came and they have been saying no to me for over a month. I always PIF and never carry a balance, I guess I will get some soup from of them one of these days.

I never declined my cli , always got the $500 AJC Specials,  becsuse one never knows when they will get another one. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, getting CLI from Disco has been like pulling teeth. I requested a CLI on my Discover IT after its 1 year anniversary, and got a whopping $200 increase. All other banks have been much more generous with both SL and CLI (Disco gave me $3000 SL, which is the lowest of all my cards). This was before COVID19, and I had FICO scores between 780-800, always PIF. I feel I somehow don't fit into their profile of an ideal client.

Message 8 of 16
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

No love for me this last button smash either. Last time I got a whopping $100. (Still took it though 😂)

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 9 of 16
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

They gave me $500 last month after over 2 years ago!

Back in 2015-16 they use to give out CLIs like candy 🍭

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.