Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No US Bank auto CLI for me apparently.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No US Bank auto CLI for me apparently.

I opened my US Bank cash plus in September of 2018. To this day I am still at my starting limit of 1k. I have two other chase cards and an amex with limits of 5400, 8000, and 12k, opened around the same time. So us bank is being very stingy. All fico 8's are above 800. No inq since december 2018 and no new accounts. Its a great card but I took my bills off of it because they report before the statement cuts and usually I dont get to it in time and sometimes it reports 40% or more, even though i always pay in full by due date, which is a few days after report day. Kinda irritating. Now I refuse to use it just to spite them. If you have this card, how long was it until your us bank card was increased? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: No US Bank auto CLI for me apparently.

Have you considered asking them for an increase?

I was sent an email about 20 months after opening my Cash+ (I was one of those who got the strange $500 computer-generated starting line and reconned it to $15,000 upon receipt) telling me I was preapproved to ask for a CLI (which I did, and got $4500) and then asked 7 months later and got a $5000 CLI.  Sometimes the CLIs are soft pulls, but YMMV.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I asked for one last year, they said it may or may not be a hard pull. I had my reports locked and ofcourse they attempted a hp.  US bank fired back a week later with a letter threatening to close my account because they could not see my report. Smh.  I told them to forget about the increase and they agreed to keep it open. I will just keep the card idle and maybe they will have pity.

Message 3 of 5
ccquest
Established Contributor

They report on the last business day of the month, not on statement date. You can use that info to better time your payments so you don't get reported at 40% utilization. May be difficult depending on when your charges hit though.

Otherwise, I'd say try asking for the CLI every 6 months and tell them to pound sand if they send that letter again.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 4 of 5
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I am little late to this thread, I have 2 credit cards from US bank the first that I opened in August of 2019 was the visa cash card with a starting cl of 14.5K limit and in July of this I opened the the Altitude go visa card with starting limit of 10K. I ask couple weeks later in July for a credit increase on my cash Visa card by calling in, increase before I got the phone with Csr for 5K which bought my total credit limit with US bank to total of 29.5 and got increase with soft pull. So far I like doing business with US bank. My fico scores was around 800 with less then 1 percent UL, just unfreeze your reports then ask for the increase then then freeze then after you get the credit increase.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.