Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck with 3x 61 CLI w/Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck with 3x 61 CLI w/Amex

So, today is day 61. Thought I would try for that 3x 61 dealio.. No dice. SL of $1k. Requested $3k, and received the 7-10 day message which is almost never promising. Was hoping to get that, so I could push some upcoming larger purchases through Amex. Guess I will wait to see the reasoning and try again in 90.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No luck with 3x 61 CLI w/Amex

Many 1K SL Amex don't get the 61 day CLI, hope you get your next one.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I didnt think I would, but thought I would give it a whirl. I was hoping if approved it meant they like me a least a wee bit. ha ha. Then I planned to app for the Green card. I put enough spend on my debit, mind as well get MR's for it.
Thanks!
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They already like you a wee bit by giving you a card lol.

As for the Green, I would think twice, terrible rewards for an AF card, you're better off using your no AF QS for general spending.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCE started at 1k and I too was denied for my first 3x request. Tried again and they countered with 2x. Best of luck on your next try.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My BCE started at 1k and I too was denied for my first 3x request. Tried again and they countered with 2x. Best of luck on your next try.

Did you try again soon after the 61st day? or did you wait another 91 to try for a 3x again? I just looked and Amex updated my FICO this morning. A nice jump from what they would have seem yesterday! Darn... should have waited an extra day.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you try again soon after the 61st day? or did you wait another 90 to try for a 3x again? 

I'm curious as well. I got denied at 61 days and again at 92, left wondering when to try again.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear James. I am sure someone will chime in with some helpful tips! Hopefully, 3rd times a charm for you!
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you try again soon after the 61st day? or did you wait another 90 to try for a 3x again? 

I'm curious as well. I got denied at 61 days and again at 92, left wondering when to try again.

When you said "again at 92", are you saying 92 days from account opening or 92 days from the 61 day denial?

Here are Amex CLI timelines

61 days from 1st new account opening

91 days from denial based on profile

181 days from offer and acceptance

31 days from offer but rejection

Pulling trigger too early does not reset timeline

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When you said "again at 92", are you saying 92 days from account opening or 92 days from the 61 day denial?

Here are Amex CLI timelines

61 days from 1st new account opening

91 days from denial based on profile

181 days from offer and acceptance

31 days from offer but rejection

Pulling trigger too early does not reset timeline

In my case, 92 days from account opening (opened 7/17/18). So according to this chart -- Thank you! -- it's wait until Day 152 from account opening for me, which will be Dec 17th? It's like my denial on 10/17 never happened?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.