Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luv from Disco

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No luv from Disco

Discover does not seem to like my profile since I pay my balances in full. They never considered me for any limit increase since Sept. last year, my account has only grown from 1K to 2.3K in the one year that I have been with them. Never late on any payment. I used the card a lot last year between 20 - 25% of the CL, but I guess that was not enough, but why should I carry a balance if they cannot help me pad my individual utilization? I was considering to buy a new Imac in April and was going to use Discover because of the 5% cashback for Apple products. My concern is that if I use them for the purchase, my individual utilization would go above 50% of my limit and that will impact my scores as well. I tried requesting again this month, having read of many successes in the last couple of weeks, BUT NOPE, STILL DON'T LIKE YOU.  So I am just waiting for my Cashback match in April and I will move on with getting a Visa network card, which I will take my time with since I cannot decide which bank to app with, but I will get there and if I get lucky enought to get approved, I will most likely just keep the Discover card for small purchases. SMALL to NONE, because at that point I could care less if they increased my limit or not.

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been stuck on $2100 forever with a 746 score. I’ve sock drawed the Disco and don’t even care about it anymore Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 30
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

I have a 3 1/2 year old Discover IT, and only got 2 CLIs, well I only started asking them almost every month about a year ago.

Last time they raised it was in August-September 2017 to little over 4000 and "that is all she sang". They keep feeding me "INSUFFICIENT Experience with credit limit...". They do keep bugging me 0% for ballance transfers for 12 month offer on this existing card though, something that I don't currently need. The only thing that gets charge to it is MYFICO membership Smiley Happy

Which reminds me, it has been 30 days, let me go try to ask one more time Smiley Happy.

Message 23 of 30
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@arkanewrote:

Yeah pretty much the only known variable is they most definitely prefer revolvers over transactors.

But meh I'd much rather do business with a lender that apprecicates/respects my financial habits and decisions. If I have to take a HP to get CLI I'd much rather do it with Barclays or BoA. (BoA gave me 3x CLI with that one HP, so worth it)

Yea. If more had this attitude if they don’t want me then I don’t want them, there would be less angst around. Since I’m low volume transactor many wouldn’t want my business. But the ones that do will get a steady diet of transaction fees. I put all my bills possible on credit cards. I just don’t spend more than $750 a month in total. I’m one of those that wouldn’t mind a cashless society. I’m rare with that.

Yeah my Barclays Uber has become my DD now. I know it's Barclays, but I have no gripes with them so far, and I've already gotten a lot out of it. Plus I really like how the points post instantly and you can redeem anytime as long as it's >$25. 

It's funny because Chase also gave me a very generous limit (by their standards anyway) on my Amazon card, but I'm simply struggling to find legitimate use for it. I try to throw a couple transactions on there every month just to show some activity. Basically I (try to) do business with lenders that actually welcome my business. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 24 of 30
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

I just did it again: At this time, we cannot increase your credit line.

Oh well....

Message 25 of 30
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

It is not unsual for them to deny CLI to established members. I'm conducting a small experiment to see if I can find some data points to support the hypothesis floating around the forums. Let's see what happens in about 2 more months.

Message 26 of 30
arkane
Established Contributor

I mean from what I've seen, Disco definitely favors young and thin files. Makes sense as multiple people have said that Disco likes see use, and a young and thin file guarantees maximum exposure.

Now that I think about it, I do remember getting weekly mailers from them when I was about one year into my credit history. I actually got really fed up with their spam, and towards the end just tossed it in the dumpster directly without even bringing it inside lol. Pepperidge Farm Disco remembers... Smiley Sad

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 27 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I think people like me (very young, very thin file) tend to use the card outside the reward categories, therefore costing them less.
We don't have to option to pick the best card for the purchase, so Disco becomes the one and only, and that is what they like.
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover was my 13th card and came after Citi, AmEx, Barclay, two Cap1, Comenity Visa & MC, along with store cards. I had been blacklisted for over two decades, so it just may have been Discover getting on my bandwagon.

Message 29 of 30
arkane
Established Contributor

@Remedioswrote:
I think people like me (very young, very thin file) tend to use the card outside the reward categories, therefore costing them less.
We don't have to option to pick the best card for the purchase, so Disco becomes the one and only, and that is what they like.

The irony of Disco's shortsightedness is even if I wanted to buy a big ticket item using their card, I can't because of the limit they gave me. They're costing themselves business lol

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.