cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Blacklist?

karachop
New Visitor

Nordstrom Blacklist?

Hi all—longtime reader. Hoping you can help this newbie poster...anyway, I unfortunately let Nordstrom go, with a balance, back in 2011. (Shame on me). It wasn’t IIB. Just C/O.

The tradeline has been deleted from my reports and I was able to get a Nordstrom debit card back in 2016. I was curious since TD Bank currently manages their credit portfolio, if anyone was able to get back in with their store card, with another application, in a similar situation to mine?

I tried, but EX is frozen, and they sent me a letter saying unfreeze it.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Blacklist?

Have you paid the CO off? If not, it may still show and could be a reason to get denied. If they are asking for an EX pull and the CO is not showing, you may be able to get back in but it's hard to say. I have noticed that store cards are usually a little more lenient then regular CC lenders.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 3
ajblue03
Valued Member

Re: Nordstrom Blacklist?

I as well had a Nordstrom account many years ago. I also burned them as well and the account went into collections of course. It was acutally my favorite card at the time, however due to being laid off from my job at the time it made it really hard to keep up with things. 7 years has passed and the account has fell off all three reports. I tried to apply for the card, for the first time and I was declined. Despite the account having dropped off of my reports I was still in there system for having burned them. Can I tell you, after me applying a collection agency started to call me and inquiring about paying the past due charges on the account that I had from years ago. I said to myself, I would never apply for Nordstroms again. Fast forward to the beginning of this year. Something in me said try again! I did and BAM!! I was approved for a 3500SL. After four months I got my first increase to 4000. Waited another 4 months and just got another 3000 SP increase for a total of 7000. So the moral of my story is yes, you can actually get them again. But you would need to unfreeze your account and see what they say. That will be the only way to know for sure in my opinon. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.