Re: OMG I need to go to bed.. I can't stop

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I applied for True Value Discover - Pending Review

Capital One Venture One - Pending Review

Saks - Says I already have an app (they only find my Nov. app and told me to call the credit report agency) I told him he was stupid to suggest such a thing

Logix Savings - Pending Review

Holy crap man. That's a lot in one sitting. 

Why the Venture One as opposed to the Venture though?

Did you have anything with US Bank before going for the Club Carlson BTW?

figured it was the easier cap1

no usbank but am looking into opening bank accounts for business there.

I see. I think you'd have the best luck with US Bank if you already have some kind of checking account or relationship with them. I got denied the Kroger card back in November and tried again a month later and they approved me and the main difference that time was having the checking account open with like 25 dollars in it and I have a bunch of recent INQs on my EQ report too. 

Hopefully you're able to get that card either way.

My EQ is frozen

I'll open accounts Friday then!

Sounds like a plan.

Message 11 of 42
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Saks - Says I already have an app (they only find my Nov. app and told me to call the credit report agency) I told him he was stupid to suggest such a thing

I see. I think you'd have the best luck with US Bank if you already have some kind of checking account or relationship with them. I got denied the Kroger card back in November and tried again a month later and they approved me and the main difference that time was having the checking account open with like 25 dollars in it and I have a bunch of recent INQs on my EQ report too. 

My EQ is frozen

Since you live out in CA, I think there's much more of a chance they'll pull from TU or EX. I checked Credit Pulls right now and saw a ton of entries that indicated so. I live in GA and they pulled from EQ here.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

My EQ is frozen

Sounds like a plan.

chase won't give me business credit and every banker i have asked about paladium doesn't know how to apply, some think it's a myth of a card, some think it's invite only with millions... i hate people that do not try to learn aynthing about the bank they work at (especially since im in private banking branches) just rubs me wrong rather i can get it right now or not!

Message 13 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

My EQ is frozen

Since you live out in CA, I think there's much more of a chance they'll pull from TU or EX. I checked Credit Pulls right now and saw a ton of entries that indicated so. I live in GA and they pulled from EQ here.

kind of what i was thinking Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have 66 cards? No wallet exists to hold that many.... What the f...... I'm failing to see the advantage to this strategy....
Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You have 66 cards? No wallet exists to hold that many.... What the f...... I'm failing to see the advantage to this strategy....

Indestructible AAoA....

Several years from now.

Message 16 of 42
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron1 has well over 100 cards and he still gets approved for stuff even now. There's hardly any time where he's gotten denied for anything he's applied for. Some people here just really enjoy collecting credit cards like that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get it, it's a rush getting approved for a new card. But damn you have to stop somewhere. I mean right? I'm new to this forgive my ignorance please...
Message 18 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just pulled my EX and USBank and Truevalue Comenity pulled EX and of course amex and cap1 but who cares!

My EX AA is 5 Years exactly now.

Message 19 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I get it, it's a rush getting approved for a new card. But damn you have to stop somewhere. I mean right? I'm new to this forgive my ignorance please...

you need to stop if applying for a mortgage!

it's not for everyone and it's not the route I recommend for most.

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.