Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of approval for care credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odds of approval for care credit

Hi, I am hesitant to apply for care credit as I believe I will be denied. I am waiting until my next update on credit before I apply. After the update, I will have about 55% util. I have 100% payment history. I just consigned in Jan for a 24k truck loan. I have another vehicle loan open June 2017. 3 credit cards total, with low limits (cap one $500, credit one $500, Walmart $200). CK says TU is 631, but I recently applied for prosper health, and they reported 604. Also have student loans but on repayment plan with $0/mo.

The procedure I want done is about 9K. I doubt I’ll be approved.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odds of approval for care credit

if you lower your util you would gain a lot of points then that would have a better chance for approval

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I’m in the process of paying down. One is at a 0 balance, so now I’m working on the other two.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do my odds improve Since I have a synchrony bank Walmart card?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me which credit bureau care credit pulls from?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i believe its transunion

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit pulled TU for my account in WA state. You might want to see if your provider accepts Alpaeon. It's similar to Care Credit but back my Comienty. I needed to have a procedure in 2016, and I was only approved for $1k CareCredit. Alphaeon approved me for $6k. My scores were all between 580 and 600. 

I wouldn't recommend that route if a procedure you want and don't need, but it was interest free financing like care credit. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m checking to see what else they suggest. Because I’m thinking if I am approved for care credit it won’t be very much. It is a wanted, not needed, procedure so I may just have to wait. 😩
Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As others have mentioned, given your current CLs, DTI and other overall profile information, it's unlikely that Care Credit would approve $9K out of the gate.

Once you get the utilization normalized, it's fairly possible you may get approved, albeit a much smaller CL than $9K.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.