cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers in the mail.

tag
Keeyz

Re: Offers in the mail.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Started of this journey a few months ago. High 500s on all three. Now range 710-725. Hopefully I get a good result. Thanks once again. I’ll post the outcome on Monday when I apply.
Message 11 of 21
E2U1L9A
Established Member

I recently began receiving Discover "You might be Pre Approved" letters. I ignored them for awhile, and they started coming faster and more frequently. It was funny because it seemed like they were sweating me like a dude on a fourth date. The letters said to go to Discover.com/noharm because they were advertising NO HARM TO YOUR CREDIT SCORE TO SEE IF YOU'RE PRE APPROVED. 

So I finally gave in today, and voila - a $9500 approval.

Try it - the worse they can say is NO and if they do who cares??? 

Remember to go to:  Discover.com/noharm

Message 12 of 21
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Okay, this is no fun

We need someone to disagree Smiley LOL

Glad to help Remedios, I disagree, and if you disagree with my disagreement I will disagree with your disagreeing with my disagreement, so I have you covered. Now could someone please remind me what I am disagreeing about?

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 13 of 21
Keeyz

@E2U1L9A wrote:

I recently began receiving Discover "You might be Pre Approved" letters. I ignored them for awhile, and they started coming faster and more frequently. It was funny because it seemed like they were sweating me like a dude on a fourth date. The letters said to go to Discover.com/noharm because they were advertising NO HARM TO YOUR CREDIT SCORE TO SEE IF YOU'RE PRE APPROVED. 

So I finally gave in today, and voila - a $9500 approval.

Try it - the worse they can say is NO and if they do who cares??? 

Remember to go to:  Discover.com/noharm

You think you can share your scores before you applied?

Message 14 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sarge12

I permanently opted out of getting unsolicited CC offers. What a joy it is now to open my mail box 😉😆

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 21
E2U1L9A
Established Member

They pulled from Experian which dropped my score one point from 709 to 708. Prior to applying I am carrying a 30% util which frankly makes me cringe because I strive to be below 9%, but life got in the way. This will lower my util to about 25%.

Message 16 of 21
Keeyz

Just applied right now with the invitation number they sent on the last letter but at the end got a will let you know in a few days. Is it because it's sunday night? or is it normal to wait?  I thought I was gonna get a instant response.

Message 17 of 21
E2U1L9A
Established Member

Waiting is annoying, but don't let it bother you. When I worked at Td  I saw people with high scores sometimes had to wait because they put something unusual on their application. One lady had just paid off her mortgage, 2 days prior, so when she answered the question about how much she pays for housing with a "zero", her app got flagged. She had to wait for a human underwriter to look at it. I  know for sure that she was approved a few days later because we were required to keep track of how many cc's we sold. We only got credit for the sale if it was approved. Hang in there!

Message 18 of 21
Keeyz

Hey y'all,

Wanted to update. Just got notification and was approved for $7,500.  Very happy to hear.  Can't wait to use it and hopefully in 3 months get an increase on that line. 

Message 19 of 21
E2U1L9A
Established Member

AWESOME glad to hear that! Cheers

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.