Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Credit Unions Guide

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Official Credit Unions Guide

Oh hush CL!😁 I am so over them! Other CUs love me! So I'm good!

Where is your CU list sir? We know you are a member of several. And we are STILL waiting to hear your NASA story mister!

Message 31 of 624
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see I joined this site in March 2016, and in seven months have made some forward progress.

After extensive research of this site and note taking, I developed a strategy & plan for a rebuild from a Ch 13 Bk. I joined all four of these credit unions before my Discharge Order in May 2016, and patiently moved forward. The only change to my plan was to make Pen Fed my first CC application. It was automatically denied, but approved immediately after a Recon. My experience with all of the vendors I have listed, have been both easy & positive, no complaints.

1) Navy - unsecured CC

2) Pen Fed - unsecured CC

3) Alliant - checking, secured loan

6) State Department - secured CC

* B of A - unsecured CC

* Wells Fargo - secured CC

Currently I am standing pat on applications, but might app Alliant for a CC if offered their legendary bonus points offer. However I will wait on them. Additionally, Capital One is on my list, but am in no rush to apply, as I am allowing both Pen Fed & Navy to offer CLI opportunities. I will also app for an unsecured SDFCU once my score is 700+, which his within striking distance. Then move on Wells for an unsecured card, at that point as well. 

I made a plan, and am sticking with it.

Thanks Baller !!!

Current Situation with scores:

05/03/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 546, TU 501, EX 548
09/01/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 662, TU 628, EX 657
10/04/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 692, TU 665, EX 686

Message 32 of 624
Anonymous
Not applicable

It now looks like I have an offline and online mother that nags me to do things to no end. Smiley Wink

I pinky swear promise with no takebacks that I will do the credit union list and spill the beans on NASA just for you Mother Baller. But not until the end of December when my major credit union app-athon will be complete and I have more info to share with the myFICO credit republic.

Credit unions I'm a member with currently.

1. RBFCU

2. ATFCU

3. NFCU

4. Alliant

5. PenFed

6. Denied at NASA (aka: The Credit Union Anti-Christ)

Message 33 of 624
baller4life
Super Contributor

😂😂Awww thanks for sharing CL. We really appreciate it. YOU were the one that first said you would tell your NASA nightmare story that upcoming weekend. Now you wanna change it up on us lol. Ok. December it is!
Message 34 of 624
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As you can see I joined this site in March 2016, and in seven months have made some forward progress.

After extensive research of this site and note taking, I developed a strategy & plan for a rebuild from a Ch 13 Bk. I joined all four of these credit unions before my Discharge Order in May 2016, and patiently moved forward. The only change to my plan was to make Pen Fed my first CC application. It was automatically denied, but approved immediately after a Recon. My experience with all of the vendors I have listed, have been both easy & positive, no complaints.

1) Navy - unsecured CC

2) Pen Fed - unsecured CC

3) Alliant - checking, secured loan

6) State Department - secured CC

* B of A - unsecured CC

* Wells Fargo - secured CC

Currently I am standing pat on applications, but might app Alliant for a CC if offered their legendary bonus points offer. However I will wait on them. Additionally, Capital One is on my list, but am in no rush to apply, as I am allowing both Pen Fed & Navy to offer CLI opportunities. I will also app for an unsecured SDFCU once my score is 700+, which his within striking distance. Then move on Wells for an unsecured card, at that point as well. 

I made a plan, and am sticking with it.

Thanks Baller !!!

Current Situation with scores:

05/03/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 546, TU 501, EX 548
09/01/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 662, TU 628, EX 657
10/04/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 692, TU 665, EX 686

Sebastian you have done a fantastic job fresh out of bk!! You made a very solid plan and are sticking to it! You have the best of the best CUs on your team! Bravo!!👏👏

Message 35 of 624
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's too painful to talk about NASA it triggers me so. Smiley Wink

creis.jpg

Message 36 of 624
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@FroggieMom wrote:

Baller... I thought I remembered us posting on another thread helping a fellow MyFicoer with her apps to RBFCU and that you were a big fan.  I'm good with the 15K limit straight out of the gate, I knew to aim high from the boards here saying CLI are HP.  Just wish I would have known at the time the PLOC are hidden TL Smiley Sad  My only strange issue with them was my debit card fraud that I posted about in the GC back in August.  

Did you try and get a CLI or did they AA you when you learned you had "too much available credit" 

Yep I USED to be a big fan! Until I actually had my own dealings with them. I waited a very long time till my TU was spotless to join. Then when I did join I was denied for Chexsystems inqs. The max they allow is 5. I had 7. LOL. So I called and got special permission from a mgr to join. But, she needed me to go to a branch to show id. With no branches in Houston, I drove in a STORM to Gonzales branch outside of San Antonio. Got membership all set up thru video chat. Then apped cc. DENIED! Excessive available credit! At the time I hadn't even broken $200k. If they could only see me now! 😂😂 Apped PLOC. DENIED! Same reason.

So, I leave with tail between my legs. VERY disappointed since I had waited so long to join. And was so excited about it. So, then right before my hp would expire, I apped auto refi. APPROVED!! Lowest apr of 1.65%. EXCELLENTE!! Only to have the approval rescinded because they didn't like my 1099 income. Excuse me what? Being I am an independent contractor and can write off mileage on taxes, they went by my AGI instead of gross income. And denied me. I was LIVID!! 

So, after emailing and talking to multiple supervisors, mgrs who clearly understood and agreed with me. They could not overturn it since it is their policy to use net income. They are the ONLY CU,bank,loan company that has ever denied me based on my income. While on phone with the last RBFCU rep, I asked them to please close my membership. THE END

I had a very similar situation with Golden1. They asked for gross income, which I gave them. Then after auto-approving me for 10K CC and 10K PLOC they wanted POI even though the app specifically says they don't for products that are 10K or less. I gave them POI (self-employed) and then they denied for my income not being what I stated.

I actually had understated my income on the app. It all took around 4 weeks and ended with me telling them to close everything I had with them. I also told their manager that I spoke with that it was the worst experience I've ever had with any financial institution. Still irritates me to think about the amount of time I wasted on them....

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 37 of 624
baller4life
Super Contributor

@mattmyFICO sorry to read about your experience. But, that's exactly how I felt. Like it was a waste of time and hp. The good news is, there are alot of other CUs out there. One CU's junk is another one's treasure!
Message 38 of 624
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

1) NFCU - the first CU I joined. Very generous to rebuilders! Known for high limit credit card approvals for those with less than stellar credit. TU pull for membership. EQ(usually) for credit. Platinum MC $25k, Cashrewards Visa $17.5k, CLOC $15k. POI required for CLOC. Those with no military connections can join via the below route:

Navy never asked me for POI when I got the CLOC.  I think it's if you request over $15k?

Message 39 of 624
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, the MAX PLOC (you call it a CLOC) or NavCheck amount is $15,000. You can't request any more than that amount.

The POI part is really based on your credit score, income, UTI, and relationship with NFCU. Some people get POI pulled on them and others nothing.
Message 40 of 624
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.