Regular Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Congrats!
Message 691 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Scupra..... What's funny is that since I have read this thread hundreds of times and obsessed over it, I go in to my cc acct, press the "increase my credit limit", fill all the info on the FIRST screen, press enter, and then it pops over to the SECOND "review and confirm" screen. I always press cancel, lmao!!!! Because awhile back, it was documented that I you were to continue past the second screen, it would more than likely result in a 3-5 message. So, I always cancel, because I always get the"second screen". Come April.... If I still get the second screen, that's when I'll pull the trigger and press submit and see what happens, lol!!!!

Congrats again!!! Keep us posted !!!!!Smiley HappySmiley Happy. Happy dance for you!
Message 692 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

I've had my NFCU account since June. Can someone tell me how long to wait until I should request and increase on my cash rewards card?

Also, do you know how much the usage/balance affects the decision? I was planning on paying it down but haven't been able to. It's up around 75%.

Do they take that into account when asking for an increase? I've made all payments on time.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 693 of 5,746
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Sitori wrote:
I've had my NFCU account since June. Can someone tell me how long to wait until I should request and increase on my cash rewards card?

Also, do you know how much the usage/balance affects the decision? I was planning on paying it down but haven't been able to. It's up around 75%.

Do they take that into account when asking for an increase? I've made all payments on time.

Thanks

As always YMMV but, usually wait 90 days and from past stories utilization doesnt seem to matter. If you were planning on paying it down I would and then ask. Can't hurt to have a lower util.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 694 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

I was thinking about waiting until Dec. which would be around 6 months. Is it usually an immediate decision without a HP?

My thing with paying it down was this...I'm not sure what's better for credit score...paying OFF one card, or paying down a few. I know having a zero balance reporting is better than having all cards reporting balances, so I am trying to figure out whether or not to pay down my NFCU card or just completely pay off another one. My CL on my other cards are no where near the NFCU card so it would be much easier to pay off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 695 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@Sitori wrote:
I was thinking about waiting until Dec. which would be around 6 months. Is it usually an immediate decision without a HP?

My thing with paying it down was this...I'm not sure what's better for credit score...paying OFF one card, or paying down a few. I know having a zero balance reporting is better than having all cards reporting balances, so I am trying to figure out whether or not to pay down my NFCU card or just completely pay off another one. My CL on my other cards are no where near the NFCU card so it would be much easier to pay off.

Pay off the other cards and leave a small balance on the NFCU card.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 696 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you always get a review information screen... that doesn't mean it's going to be HP.

What is your limit? if you are at 75% and your limit is just $1500 I would say go ahead and request but if your limit is $10k and you are at 75% maybe get it down a bit... big difference.

Message 697 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hey Creditaddict! Nice to see you back posting in your own thread! Lmao!!! Good to see youSmiley Happy

For all you peeps who have gotten CLI on you navy cards.... How long did it take to reflect on the CB? Was it reflected when the next statement cut with your new CL?? Just curious how fast the new CL reportsSmiley Happy I can't wait for the next round of CLI on this threadSmiley Happy
Message 698 of 5,746
Peden801

Ok hi everyone,

im new here sorda, but i have been reading through these forums trying to rebuild my credit and this information is awesome!!!! Im currently with navy fed and i applied for my nRewards a month a go with a 7k limit. Now i was of course gonna be curious and press the luv button of CLI and its a no go Smiley Sad sad days but of course i would expect that with only being the card holder for a month. Im trying to rebuild my credit right now and need to balance out my UTIL but i keep getting denied for everything Smiley Sad does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this.....

Starting Score: TU 622|EQ 596|EXP 571(FICO)
Current Score: TU 617|EQ 587|EXP 604(FICO)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Wallet- NFCU Flagship 7k | Fingerhut $600 | Capone secured $300 | Credit One $300 | First Premier $300 | NavChk $2000 | Nav Auto Loan $30000
Message 699 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Ok how will I know when it's going to be a HP or not? When it's not an instant answer?

And yes my CL Is on the higher side so I definitely need to get my balance down, I just wasn't sure how much effect that had on the CLI decision if and when I press the luv button

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 700 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.