Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Capital One.....

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Oh Capital One.....

So last week I closed my Capital One Visa and my Menards card that is backed by Capital One.   Prior to this I had applied for a Venture and was turned down.  I have been waiting for a letter and it has not come.  Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from Capital One.  Thinking it was for the Venture I opened it and was surprised it was for the Menards card.  This is what one paragraph said:

We are sorry we cannot approve you for an increase on your account at this time.  Reasons for this decision are:

*  Please call to discuss with us.

A phone number was included so I called.  The rep asked why I was calling and I read her the letter.  The kind lady said I needed to talk to the recon department.  (Huh, I just called the number included and read her the letter).  I get transferred to another department.  Super nice guy answers my call.  I read him the letter.  He asked for the last four of my soc and than says my credit increase request was declined due to too high of balances. I asked what he has reporting.  He says overall is 11%.   He than goes on to say I have kept my card in excellent standing with Capital One, my credit report is excelent and he really doesn't understand why I wasn't granted an increase.  At that point I told him I hadn't requested an increase that I had closed the account.  He paused and came back and said "I can see that.  Would you like me to open it again and maybe that will help you get approved for an increase?"   

More solid proof of why I am done doing business with Capital One.  Nice reps.  Really nice and polite but still clueless!

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh Capital One.....

O.o wow
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always received great customer service from CO. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, yeah. I've never had any issues with them.

Message 4 of 6
jbsea
Established Contributor

ok, that really did make me LOL!!!!

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 5 of 6
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Frustrated Sorry to hear that

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.