Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Discover - 'Denied' prequalified offers

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Re: Oh Discover - 'Denied' prequalified offers

In short....

We can't make money off of you and your 800+ FICO so we don't want your business....

Enter generic denial reasons.

Sorry about the denial OP.

Whoa!  Is this true?!?!  If you're over 800 with your FICO, Discover will turn you down?  :-O  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL at least they told you not to apply. 

What would be worse is applying based on a pre-qualified offer and the being denied while wasting a HP.

Message 12 of 15
jpro
Established Member

Seriously? I did not know this. Wow.
Current Cards
Message 13 of 15
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

In short....

We can't make money off of you and your 800+ FICO so we don't want your business....

Enter generic denial reasons.

Sorry about the denial OP.

Whoa!  Is this true?!?!  If you're over 800 with your FICO, Discover will turn you down?  :-O  

Back before I joined these forums and learned about 5/24 with Chase, I would have never in the world thought that I could be turned down for a credit card around that score. I've only been turned down once and it was for my very first credit card (due to no credit). Now I'm scared to apply for Chase cards because I could get a denial since I'm 6/24 with 800+ credit score. I'm not really worried about a wasted HP.... it's more the emotional toll a denial will make....

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Chase denied you, it would be for 6/24. I don’t see them denying you for an excellent score.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.