Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh boy... Target asked for my income...

tag
MunchieMom
Established Member

Oh boy... Target asked for my income...

So every once in a while I check in on the latest Target Redcard conversion trends. Usually an increase comes at about the time that they ask to update income but who knows. LOL!

My credit score is in the low 7's, I had the card for nearly 5yrs, the CL is 1900 and my increases usually happen around the holidays. This year, they totally skipped me for the Christmas limit bump... hahahaa. However all of a sudden the infamous income question came in yesterday.

What do you think? Is a possible CLI coming my way?

Even better... possible conversion to MC?

What do you think is coming down the pike?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Trini88
Established Contributor

Re: Oh boy... Target asked for my income...

They asked for my income update in a pop up December 1st. Still sitting on $300 a month later.

Goal Cards:
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They asked me to update my income too yesterday. I think they are just doing it to everyone for the new year. It seemed kind of generic so I filled it out. I do not think it has anything to do with a CLI they just want to upgrade their records.

Since TD Bank took over the portfolio I have not seen as many conversions as when Target National Bank had it. That is when my card was converted to a MC version, but that was years ago. I have not had a CLI from TD on my Target card ever since they took it over. However, I have had CLI's on my TD Visa cards by calling in and asking. Something you can not do with the Target card.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 3 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They're just doing their due diligence. Lenders are required by law to ask for updated income every year. Sorry to burst your bubble, but an income update request in and of itself does not indicate an impending CLI.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 13
britt585
Regular Contributor

lol... 2 yrs later still at $300.. omg

Message 5 of 13
Mad12345
Regular Contributor

@britt585 wrote:

Me too.

Message 6 of 13
MunchieMom
Established Member

Understanding Spot's behavior these days is almost comical. 

@Trini88 wrote:

They asked for my income update in a pop up December 1st. Still sitting on $300 a month later.

Message 7 of 13
MunchieMom
Established Member

Ahhhhhh, put that needle away my friend. LOL! Just trying to follow/understand their behavior vs others.

@OmarGB9 wrote:

They're just doing their due diligence. Lenders are required by law to ask for updated income every year. Sorry to burst your bubble, but an income update request in and of itself does not indicate an impending CLI.

Pssst... they gave me a teensy bump this go-round too. 

Message 8 of 13
MunchieMom
Established Member

We should call it "Red Zoning" when Spot puts you in the "300 Club". I was there for about a year or two. It was terrible. I laugh about it now but back then... ugh!

@Mad12345 wrote:

@britt585 wrote:

Me too.

Message 9 of 13
MunchieMom
Established Member

Thanks for sharing you exp. Heart

Spot seems to like me enough to share a CLI bone or two here/there but that elusive conversion has because a source of entertainment for me.

Latest bump the go'round was a $300 increase. Why does Spot love the number 300? I started at $300 (the STRUGGLE), then it added another 300. After that, it's a fog but I've just been bumped a teensy bit and noticed that 300 might be Spot's favorite number.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.