cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old BOA and US Bank CO's can i get back in?

tag
lurkingagain4929
New Visitor

Old BOA and US Bank CO's can i get back in?

I have a old credit card from over 15 years ago with Bank of America that charged off i dont remember the amount but it was under 1k. I also had a US bank checking account that charged off due to a divorce; and I owed them under 1k as well and it was also 15 years ago. 

What are my chances of getting approved for a BOA secured card or a US bank or Elan secured card? Does anyone have any DPs on either?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Old BOA and US Bank CO's can i get back in?

I was able to get back in with BOA in 2021. I burned them for $5800 on a credit card. My cash rewards card had a starting limit of $1,500 and it is still there today. Tried twice for an increase but they said no. I did have a checking account with them.

Message 2 of 6
myscoresucks2
Valued Member

How long between burning them and getting back in???

Message 3 of 6
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Charge off in 2014. It was included in my 2017 bankruptcy. 

Message 4 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Try opening a checking account, if you don't want to waste a credit hp. Of course you'll get a ews hard pull, but won't affect your credit score.

Message 5 of 6
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.