Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy not an instant approval..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Navy not an instant approval..

Six months ago I had no credit and decided I really needed to change that...got $250 Cap1 Plat, $300 Cap1 Plat, $250 Vict Secret, $300 Belks. I happily watched my scores rise through Credit Karma, Credit Sesame and Creditwise...only TU, Equifax has never shown anything. With a CK TU score of 669, 100% on time payments, and 29% Uti I decided to take the BOFA Rewards preapproval my bank keeps sending me- instant approval of $4,000! So excited that I also got $500 Walmart store card, $300 "temp" CL Target store card...and tried for an Old Navy card while I was at, I shop there alot, but got the dreaded response of reviewing my info, will receive a letter in 7-10 days by mail or 3-4 by email...I'm guessing it's a denial...is there anything I can do to change their mind and give me a chance? I'm still new to all this and would appreciate the advice? Some additional info- $140,000 income and a total of 6 HP in 2 years...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Old Navy not an instant approval..

Unfortunately, Synchrony bank does not recon computer denials

I think you might have "hit the wall" on your app spree. Time to sit back and let your accounts age some

Congrats on your approvals

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, and you're probably right....I'm just gonna sit back and watch what happens to my score now for the next 6 months...I'm determined to hit that 700 mark by then!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
....I'm just gonna sit back and watch what happens to my score now for the next 6 months...

For one dollar spent here you can learn your Fico scores which are the scores lenders use to make lending decisions. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.