Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last piece of advice! Please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last piece of advice! Please!

Hello everyone. First, I would like to thank all of you for being so incredibly helpful. I started with my scores at 520 and now they're at 650.

I need one last piece of advice. 

I have a Discover It card ($2k), Capital One ($300), Bank One($450) and I just got approved a couple of days ago for an AMEX Delta card ($1k)

Question is, is now a good time to apply for one last card and then just age them and focus on CLI's. If now is a good time, which cards should I focus on getting given my scores? I would like BofA cash rewards but my fico may be too low. I would appreciate feedback from you guys!

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One last piece of advice! Please!

When did you get the cards?

What is AAoA? AoOA? AoYA?

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

4.7 years. First account opened 21 years ago.

Disco 1 year

Capital One 3 months

Bank One 9 months

Amex 2 days, haven't even received card yet. 

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Disco 1 year

Capital One 3 months

Bank One 9 months

Getting another card now doesn't seem problematic based on the various account ages. However, your score does seem on the low side for a BoA Rewards Card.  Any derogs with the CRAs?  Are you just looking for a cash back card to compliment your Disco?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Disco 1 year

Capital One 3 months

Bank One 9 months

Getting another card now doesn't seem problematic based on the various account ages. However, your score does seem on the low side for a BoA Rewards Card.  Any derogs with the CRAs?  Are you just looking for a cash back card to compliment your Disco?

To be honest. I am, not sure what I want or need. I know I want to have a total of 5 cards. Eventually, I want to drop Credit One. But for now, I just want to add 1 more card so they all age at the same time. 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, congrats first of all on getting your score up. Do you mind if I ask, what was your report like when you apped for the Capital One card? My scores are just starting to go up and I think what's holding me back is the high inquiries. I am gardening hoping they age off and put me in a better position to add some good bank cards.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, congrats first of all on getting your score up. Do you mind if I ask, what was your report like when you apped for the Capital One card? My scores are just starting to go up and I think what's holding me back is the high inquiries. I am gardening hoping they age off and put me in a better position to add some good bank cards.

Of course! Happy to help! I got my Capital One card 3 months ago when my score was 623

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Of course! Happy to help! I got my Capital One card 3 months ago when my score was 623

My scores are EX 665, EQ 640, and TU 662. I would love to try for a Capital One for myself (I am currently an AU on my husband's account). However, I dont know if I should chance it just yet. My inquiries are at 18 for all three bureaus due to recently getting a new car. I love seeing how well others like yourself are doing on their credit journeys. It gives me hope!

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

My scores are EX 665, EQ 640, and TU 662. I would love to try for a Capital One for myself (I am currently an AU on my husband's account). However, I dont know if I should chance it just yet. My inquiries are at 18 for all three bureaus due to recently getting a new car. I love seeing how well others like yourself are doing on their credit journeys. It gives me hope!

.I have accross all 3 credut bureaus, I have 26 inquires. 7 being the lowest on Experian 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don’t know what your FICO 9 is for EQ, but my EX FICO 9 was 656 when I was approved for PenFed Power Cash Rewards (2% card). I don’t imagine my FICO 9 was much higher for EQ, which is what PenFed pulls.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.