cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Chase Savings account to bypass 5/24?

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Opening Chase Savings account to bypass 5/24?

I have seen people get Solid Pre Approval when they log in to a chase account.
Question is,
Does it have to be a Checking Account ?
Would having a Chase Savings account give you the same opportunity?
Thank you all in advance !

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opening Chase Savings account to bypass 5/24?

@PointsBonus wrote:
Question is,

I'm not sure you have to have any of that.  The only relationship that I have with Chase is a single credit card and nothing else.

chase.JPG

Message 2 of 12
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I current have no credit card with Chase and also way past 5/24.

I have seen a few people on this post that has the same screen shot as it's with out a current credit card relationship

Thank you for ur reply 

Message 3 of 12
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

I had only a closed mortgage with Chase and I got offers. So I’m assuming a savings account would work as well. I think you just need some kind of an account and a login (or reason to go to the branch and ask there). I have also heard that offers can come through their Credit Journey tool.
Message 4 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I opened a checking account under favorable terms with them, with a bonus for this reason exactly. I haven't had any credit card offers yet, and this includes asking in-branch. If it happens, it happens. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 12
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:
Question is,

I don't know for sure but it's all the same type of portal. I think it would. Might be a really hard data point to get here as there's no reason to only have a savings account with Chase as it is not a good money earner. Those who have a checking account will have a savings for separation of funds but the interest is terrible.

Other otions:

Get a Chase personal checking account and waive monthly fees for $500/mo DD.

Get a Chase business checking account if eligble and waive monthly fees with a $1500 balance.

Both have good bonuses and their criterias to attain these bonuses are fairly easy to meet that will negate any interest loss gain for quite awhile. You're not going to make $300-$500 off such deposits at any bank.

Message 6 of 12
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:
Question is,

I don't know for sure but it's all the same type of portal. I think it would. Might be a really hard data point to get here as there's no reason to only have a savings account with Chase as it is not a good money earner. Those who have a checking account will have a savings for separation of funds but the interest is terrible.

Other otions:

Get a Chase business checking account if eligble and waive monthly fees with a $1500 balance.

Both have good bonuses and their criterias to attain these bonuses are fairly easy to meet that will negate any interest loss gain for quite awhile. You're not going to make $300-$500 off such deposits at any bank.

Unfortunalty, No direct Deposit with the company I work for....... 

Message 7 of 12
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:
Question is,

Other otions:

Unfortunalty, No direct Deposit with the company I work for....... 

Ah. The business one doesn't require a DD but $2500 for 60 days for the bonus and complete 5 transactions (easy). $1500 balance for no fees. There's $900 a business bonus out there if you look hard enough...

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-business-total-checking-500-bonus-no-direct-deposit-required/

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bypassing 5/24 is a YMMV situation. I think that DP suggest having a checking with decent balance in it can bypass it, as well as using current CL moderately. Otherise they may not see the benefit of handing out another card.

IMO, it wouldn't be a waste to open a Checking acct with them. Especially since it will put $200 in your pocket! Though since you don't have DD, you'll have to keep at least $1,500 in there to avoid the fees.

My average deposit balance was about $4-5K, which is likely why they offered the preapproved FU. And I was around 7/24 at the time.

Message 9 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:
Question is,

I opened both Checking and Savings exactly for that reason (in hopes of bypass) ,

but have been a Chase cardholder for many years.

Granted I think it was a "glitch" but I was approved for a Marriott Card with 27/24 Inqs.

20 new accounts in 2019. No Adverse Action by Chase.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.