Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 5/24 but pre-approved ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over 5/24 but pre-approved ??

Asking for advice on this.

Im over 5/24, and i have the experian app to view my credit score. Im sitting at 719 exp 704 equi 697 trans

I have a pre approval offer directly from chase in my exp app for the sapphire reserve. But when i log into my chase account and check for any offers, i dont have any. I look at credit journey on chases app and it says my score is 644.

Should i go in branch to see if i have any offers? Do you guys think that will make a difference? Im in the garden currently but if i can get the reserve ill defintely take the HP.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Over 5/24 but pre-approved ??

Experian app is just like any other third party app trying to sell you a card. If you’re over 5/24, you’re wasting your time.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Asking for advice on this.

Im over 5/24, and i have the experian app to view my credit score. Im sitting at 719 exp 704 equi 697 trans

I have a pre approval offer directly from chase in my exp app for the sapphire reserve. But when i log into my chase account and check for any offers, i dont have any. I look at credit journey on chases app and it says my score is 644.

Should i go in branch to see if i have any offers? Do you guys think that will make a difference? Im in the garden currently but if i can get the reserve ill defintely take the HP.

An offer from Chase will not appear in your Experian app; I'm guessing the Experian app is showing you a CreditMatch "Matched for you" offer which is simply marketing based on your credit score.  The only places where you would see a Chase offer are in your online account, Chase's mobile app, Chase's prequalified page, Chase Credit Journey, and an in-branch offer.  You may also occasionally see offers in third-party apps like CardMatch.com but those are very rare.

Credit Journey uses Vantage Score 3.0 scores which are not used by lenders to make credit decisions so you can safely ignore them and only focus on your FICO 8 scores.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here’s the message

“*Green Check*

Your Pre Approved offer

Justin, You’re preapproved for an offer from JP Morgan Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve
JP Morgan Chase is an Experian Partner”

*Unlock Offer* “

Then theres just a bunch of green surrounding the card and the benefits etc
Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you can try the "branch" approach if you'd like to wager those 5/24 odds. No guarantees, though.

Is your signature data up-to-date? If so, there doesn't appear to be any revolving tradelines above $10K, which is the minimum SL for CSR.
Message 5 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op, other than going into the bank and asking, I would not consider any other preapproved offers outside of the Chase site. You want that info directly from the source just to be safe. The other concern is that even if you were under 5/24, the fact that the card has that 10K minimum, and none of your current accounts are above that, this would be a risk in itself. For whatever the reason, your limits are not above 10k, and it would be fair to think Chase could possibly find the same reasons not to give you that limit or more.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 9/24 before I knew about this rule and this forum, so I applied for the CSP about 2 weeks ago online and got declined, then in the same day I went to the chase branch and asked my manager there if I can get this card, he said definitely(I didn’t say i shop for this online) so he called credit bureau and talked with customer service for a couple minutes, told me I got approved for CSP with CL 11.200
You should see my face this moment Smiley Happy
After 6-7 days I received my card,
Then I realized why didn’t I try to get CSR
Smiley Happy)

My CS was around 700 when I applied
And 40% dept ok cards
Message 7 of 8
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Huh, interesting!!! Thanks for the DP!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.