Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED PRE QUALIFY CARD LINK

tag
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

PENFED PRE QUALIFY CARD LINK

I logged into my Penfed account today and seen they had a new pre qualify link for Credit cards--never seen this in the 3 years I been a member, 

At anyrate, I filled out the info and it went to a screen saying---Congrats--You are Pre qualified, and had a picture of the PCR card with a note..estimated credit limit 10k. 

Has anyone had any expereince with their pre qual cards?    Cap 1 is good as gold if it says you are pre qualified--same with Discover. 

Never heard anything about Penfed----any one have any data pts to share on the pre qualify card system.

I have no cards or loans with them. Just checking/savings

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: PENFED PRE QUALIFY CARD LINK

@rchvmz wrote:

I logged into my Penfed account today and seen they had a new pre qualify link for Credit cards--never seen this in the 3 years I been a member, 

At anyrate, I filled out the info and it went to a screen saying---Congrats--You are Pre qualified, and had a picture of the PCR card with a note..estimated credit limit 10k. 

Has anyone had any expereince with their pre qual cards?    Cap 1 is good as gold if it says you are pre qualified--same with Discover. 

Never heard anything about Penfed----any one have any data pts to share on the pre qualify card system.

the language sure suggests the offer is like an Amex/Apple card offer and that it's solid and you aren't going to go to pending if they've provided you an offer 

"if you choose to accept the card offer" sounds a lot like apply with confidence language, but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't what was going on 

hopefully it works like that in practice, I know if I was given an offer based on this language, then I was HP'd and went to pending i'd be beside myself 

image.png

but without DPs impossible to know for sure

for anybody else curious, there are now pre-qualify buttons on all of the cards at: https://www.penfed.org/credit-cards 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 52
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

I just did one for the Platinum. Not a PenFed member. It spit out a limit for 10k, which seems on the low side for my profile, but not terrible. Not opening it because I don't need it, but data point for anyone interested. 

Message 3 of 52
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

@GZG wrote:

@rchvmz wrote:

the language sure suggests the offer is like an Amex/Apple card offer and that it's solid and you aren't going to go to pending if they've provided you an offer 

"if you choose to accept the card offer" sounds a lot like apply with confidence language, but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't what was going on 

hopefully it works like that in practice, I know if I was given an offer based on this language, then I was HP'd and went to pending i'd be beside myself 

image.png

but without DPs impossible to know for sure

for anybody else curious, there are now pre-qualify buttons on all of the cards at: https://www.penfed.org/credit-cards 

I did go pending----after I accepted the Pre-qual offer. Don't know if Penfed does any instant approvals, as I have no credit products with them. I know Cap 1 was instant approval after Pre-qual offer--Discover was not, took them a day or so. I could use a 10k PCR card from these guys. Email sent said under review-with 24-48 hr response time. Seen a soft inquiry from the pre-qual, then a HP after submitting. Lets hope its a solid offer. No request for POI

Message 4 of 52
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Penfed does instant approvals but they also do approvals after review.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 52
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

So, word of warning. I tried the prequalify and it had me log in. At the end of the app it crashed. When I logged back in I was approved for the gold. Straight up app. So far no hp. I had a plan once my reports were clean in January and now it's screwed me up by 6 months. 

Message 6 of 52
House1204
Regular Contributor

@rchvmz wrote:

I tried the penfed prequalify last week and was prequalified for the gold card with a limit of $7500. I submitted the app and it went to review. I was denied. I have no idea why but I suspect they think I am egyptian. I have had a lot of new accounts and a new personal loan of 25k. 

Message 7 of 52
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Ah  Sounds like typical PF being typical PF.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

So, word of warning. I tried the prequalify and it had me log in. At the end of the app it crashed. When I logged back in I was approved for the gold. Straight up app. So far no hp. I had a plan once my reports were clean in January and now it's screwed me up by 6 months. 

Message 8 of 52
GZG
Valued Contributor

denied apps, apps going pending, people getting approved without submitting apps

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Ah  Sounds like typical PF being typical PF.

agree 100%

they really need to change the language on the prequal considering it looks practically ripped straight from Amex, but it doesn't function like Amex

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 9 of 52
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

@rchvmz wrote:

Well, after a Pre Qual of a 10k card----denied. 

Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.