Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC cash rewards odds?

tag
Jojo567
Valued Member

PNC cash rewards odds?

I really want this card as it cover most of my spending. I heard they pull Experian.
Score 731
AAoA: 11months oldest account: 2 yrs, 1 m
100% payment history
Inquiry 8/12
7% utilization
Current accounts
Cap 1 open aug 1, 2019
PPMC open Jul 1, 2019
Discover open May 1, 2019
Petal open Apr 1, 2019
Cap1 open Jan 1, 2019
Total CL $9700 income 30k
I am also a student and have a PNC car loan with them.
Open Jan 1, 2019 balance $14205
I didn't really plan my cards I just knew I had to build credit after I kept getting denied.
If I apply and get in will it hurt me negatively with synchrony, discover, and Cap1? I don't care about petal.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PNC cash rewards odds?

Do you currently bank with PNC - - aside from having a vehicle loan?

It's gonna be a bit iffy at best given the number of new accounts and inquiries in the past 6-12 months, though.
Message 2 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I have mixed results with them DH and I virtually have the same credit files.

He has 2 cards with them I have been denied twice in a year for inquiries and new accounts.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Banking relation will help as echoed above.. otherwise very iffy as @FinStar mentioned.

Message 4 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Did you try their prequal site?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

Did you try their prequal site?

@Meanmchine, PNC has a CC pre-qualification site?  🤔  My understanding is that sometimes CK can feature some PNC CCs, but I don't recall a pre-qualification being available unless one receives an offer through the mail or via the branch

Message 6 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@FinStar 

I double checked today. There is a prequal if you are a PNC member as OP has a car loan.  Secondly, I could have sworn that I used it myself (non member ) and not only did it show me my preapprovals, it showed me my potential SL. There is a chace Im confusing this with Regions bank but Im pretty sure it was PNC

There was a link Ill try to find tomorrow

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

@FinStar 

I double checked today. There is a prequal if you are a PNC member as OP has a car loan.  Secondly, I could have sworn that I used it myself (non member ) and not only did it show me my preapprovals, it showed me my potential SL. There is a chace Im confusing this with Regions bank but Im pretty sure it was PNC

There was a link Ill try to find tomorrow

This sounds more like Regions, but please provide an update. IIRC, as a non-PNC member, that is not an available feature.

Message 8 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@FinStar 

Im still looking for the link but I did find this thread.  I knew I prequaled with PNC.  This was the reason why PNC jumped to the top of my wish list

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Am-I-actually-pre-approved/m-p/5865867#M25...

Message 9 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@FinStar 

Im still looking for the link but I did find this thread.  I knew I prequaled with PNC.  This was the reason why PNC jumped to the top of my wish list

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Am-I-actually-pre-approved/m-p/5865867#M25...

But then you read down and ..

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Am-I-actually-pre-approved/m-p/5865967#M25...

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.