Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC gives me a little dose of rejection. :-((

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

PNC gives me a little dose of rejection. :-((

Just thought I would share with the community of my very recent experience with PNC bank. 

I have (3) cards with them all obtained within the last year and half. PNC has been one that has been very faithful to me regarding cli requests like clocwork every 6 months I have been able to pad them with $5k increases until today. Total exposure is around $50k.

My Core visa was up for a increase today after 6 months, and spent the wheel to a 7-10 msg. Presumbly a denial. Last attempt was in April right before pandemic hit in masses. Could be that I have hit thier internal limit or could be a cracking down on extension of credit. Also could be that I have put very little spend on the card. This card was obtained for BT's but all offers dissappeared 3 months ago as well.

I say that to say this, nothing is a given in the credit landscape today.  I have 2 more cards with eligible attempts coming up within the next couple months so will update this thread as thier situation unfolds.

Thanks for looking.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: PNC gives me a little dose of rejection. :-((

Sorry abut that. 
Agreed though...perhaps a little more usage and a little less pandemic in the coming months will help

Message 2 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Sorry abut that. 
Agreed though...perhaps a little more usage and a little less pandemic in the coming months will help

Yes, I have to do a little more than a few AMZ reloads to impress them Smiley Very Happy

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 19
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

My last Pnc cli was in March and when I click increase it tells me to wait until 10.1 --- perhaps you requested too soon but usually it tells you...

still 50k totals from Pnc is totally decent !!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 4 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That is unfortunate about the denial. Hopefully, you were get better luck on the other two cards.

Message 5 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@snickerpedia wrote:

My last Pnc cli was in March and when I click increase it tells me to wait until 10.1 --- perhaps you requested too soon but usually it tells you...

Yes, could be that I did jump the gun a day or 2 before being actually eligible. Might try agin in a few days to confirm. And yes, no complaints having $50k totals with them. They are highly recommended bank IMHO.

Message 6 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

That is unfortunate about the denial. Hopefully, you were get better luck on the other two cards.

Thanks @AllZero. I'm sure they still got love left for me. 😉

Message 7 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

Yes, could be that I did jump the gun a day or 2 before being actually eligible. Might try agin in a few days to confirm. And yes, no complaints having $50k totals with them. They are highly recommended bank IMHO.

I would agree with the sentence I highlighted, they have their act together.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just to follow up on my most recent cli request. This time up was my cash rewards. Oldest card of the bunch. Already had 2 cli attempts sucessful in past but this time another big fat NO. Looks like my run is over for steady increase with PNC. Got one other card to attempt next month but doesn't look promising at this point. Will update the forum as that progresses.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is reallocating limits from your other cards to the cash rewards and close out other 2 an option? 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.