Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC gives me a little dose of rejection. :-((

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: PNC gives me a little dose of rejection. :-((

@Anonymous wrote:

Is reallocating limits from your other cards to the cash rewards and close out other 2 an option? 

Not sure if this option but would be nice to do. Maybe @coldfusion can chime in on this.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 11 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

My dh has 2 cards with them 38K total . They have denied all requests for CLIs since he hit that amount . He used to get 5K like clockwork .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

My dh has 2 cards with them 38K total . They have denied all requests for CLIs since he hit that amount . He used to get 5K like clockwork .

@Jnbmom  You just might be on to something. I am currently at $50k exposure now. I could also have hit external max or could be covid-related?

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 13 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is reallocating limits from your other cards to the cash rewards and close out other 2 an option? 

Not sure if this option but would be nice to do. Maybe @coldfusion can chime in on this.

That I don't know.  I've never attempted to reallocate any CL with them and I don't recall reading anyone who reported an attempt.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Jnbmom  You just might be on to something. I am currently at $50k exposure now. I could also have hit external max or could be covid-related?

That $50K would be specific to your own profile based on current conditions, it's not a hard maximum like for example PenFed's $50K figure. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks @coldfusion for your input. I might have to inquire about it just to see if it's actually something that's on the table. Although each card presents its own unique benefits.  As for the max exposure, indeed it's a profile by profile based design. Maybe something in mines all of the suddden they're not comfortable with. I will make my final attempt on PNC points card and see how it plays out.

Message 16 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also agree with @coldfusion it is profile dependent as PNC doesnt have a cap or at least at 50k on CC's that I have ever heard of i know the mentioned person either got a 30kish CC out the gate with them and also has another one if not mistaken so possibly above that 50k already mentioned.  Obviously one has to have income as well as dont know what you make, but if income supports it and rest of profile does then it could be just due to the times being all lenders are very skittish overall right now along with usage on CC's does usage support > 50k CL's across card/cards?  I know I would be pressed to justify if asked by manual UW why i need limits on either of my PNC cards as one is 17.5k currently and other just got to 15k where-as any single statement has cut with no more than say 700 on it. Smiley Happy. Just things to take into consideration.  Regarding reallocation I am unaware of PNC policies with regards to this.

Message 17 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: PNC turns rejection into a little affection 😀

Since I started this thread I was in line for 3 cli attempts between my 3 PNC cards. First 2 cards both came back with rejections. But I am happy to report that 3rd time was the charm 😀 PNC points card was due up next, put in the info and spent the wheel, came back with my usual $5k increase to $17.5k. Great feeling to know that I wasn't stuck with max exposure with this great bank. Puts total exposure now at $55k. Intestine enough this card came with a spend $750 in first 90 days and recieve 50,000 bonus points so perhaps that little spendage made the difference this time around. 

Message 18 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PNC turns rejection into a little affection 😀

As the OP has provided an update, this thread has been locked.  Further comments can be directed to the  OP's thread located in Approvals.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/PNC-points-card-CLI-5k/td-p/6179091

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.