Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC CLI Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PPMC CLI Questions

I've been denied a credit limit increase for my third time.. and I am wondering if i'm talking to the wrong department.. 

I've tried asking via live chat to no success after calling the phone number listed when I click the CLI button. 

"Unfortunately, you cannot request a credit line increase online.

Please call our Customer Service department:

1-855-520-0991"

Is there another number I should be calling? 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PPMC CLI Questions

How long have you had the PPMC? The alternative is calling the Credit Solutions line (listed in the Backdoor Numbers thread). They're definitely no magic wand, but typically better results can be achieved than the traditional channels.

If denied again through that number, you'll likely need to focus on the reasons they provide on the letter and try them again at some point.
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

They started using Vantage 4.0 score for CLIs. Did you check the score on their site after login. My VS4.0 is less than my FICO. Heck it's even less that the FICO TU 08 they used to give me the card and my TU 08 improved a lot but VS4.0 is still low.
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ is that documented somewhere? I know they offer VS4.0 for us to see as our complimentary score in the account, but I haven’t seen where they said they also use it for CLI assessment. I’d be surprised if credit decisions weren’t still based on FICO scores.
Message 4 of 30
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

I would wait minimum 6 months from approval but it can take much longer, depends on the profile. 

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
^^^ is that documented somewhere? I know they offer VS4.0 for us to see as our complimentary score in the account, but I haven’t seen where they said they also use it for CLI assessment. I’d be surprised if credit decisions weren’t still based on FICO scores.

They do use V4.0 for CLI requests- see my old thread.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will look it up for sure - that’s the first I’ve heard of anything other than FICO being used for credit in any meaningful way.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

They still use FICO 8 when you apply for the cards but started using V4.0 for clis. That's what I got in my cli denial letters.
Message 8 of 30
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

My synchrony CLI letters also have my Vantage 4.0 score starting in early September. It’s 60-70-ish points lower than my FICO so it’s pretty easy to tell for me. It might be my profile and my cards that’s causing them to use the V4.0, but it’s definitely my vantage 4.0 score.

But all is it lost. My TU FICO 08 is 695-705. Not a single CL from Synchrony for anything until they switched to Vantage 4.0 (which is 635-640). Since then they have upped my limits from a total of $6,900 to $20,800 (in a couple of months).
Message 9 of 30
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

So we have finally found a CC that will CLI with Vantage 4.0
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.