tag
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ app timing Advice

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChazzieT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
...I wouldn't mind having the cash+...

Oh, I'm not suggesting you get the Cash+. Get whatever card works for your spend.

As a matter of fact, the CSR told me that almost any credit product they offer will wave the $14.95 (she is supposed to mail me a list of everything that qualifies). I understood her to mean signature loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc. 

IF you had gotten the Gold (or wanted to PC to it before your ready to app the AR) and IF you weren't doing enough trades in the Brakerage Account to be worth the $14.95 Gold Monthly Fee, you could get any of those qualifying loans to wave the fee. You'd have to do the math to see if the interest you would pay on the loan each month was less than $14.95, though!

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChazzieT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChazzieT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
...I wouldn't mind having the cash+...

Oh, I'm not suggesting you get the Cash+. Get whatever card works for your spend.

As a matter of fact, the CSR told me that almost any credit product they offer will wave the $14.95 (she is supposed to mail me a list of everything that qualifies). I understood her to mean signature loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc. 

IF you had gotten the Gold (or wanted to PC to it before your ready to app the AR) and IF you weren't doing enough trades in the Brakerage Account to be worth the $14.95 Gold Monthly Fee, you could get any of those qualifying loans to wave the fee. You'd have to do the math to see if the interest you would pay on the loan each month was less than $14.95, though!

Oh I more meant that this works out that I can get the AR without cash+. I'm curious on how my rent processes though, they use a 3rd party company for processing rent and the name of the company has "utilities" in the name and my water bill is tied into it. If it ends up coding as utilities the cash+ would Be beneficial 

Message 42 of 45
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

Got it!

So did it work the same for you as far as CR pulls?

One soft pull for the Checking and no pull for the Brokerage?

Message 43 of 45
astronemma
Valued Member

Re: Path to US Bank Cash+ approval & app timing Advice

Another DP on this (and GREAT find by the way!), I live in Virginia and had been denied any accounts I'm assuming based on that. Really want the AR so have been looking for a way in. Opened a Brokerage Account online on Friday, and was able to successfully open a Gold Checking online today. The app asked for funding info and if I wanted to add a credit card and gave a few options (not including the AR). Checking account was approved right away but got the 7-10 day message for the card. Looks like they only pulled EQ so probably denied because of recent inquiries, but not planning to apply for the AR yet since I want to save the spend requirement for when I know I can do it without MS.

BK7 discharged: 10/25/15 | Current scores: 755 EQ 678 TU 673 EX
NFCU Flagship VisaPenFed Promise VisaDCU Platinum VisaDiscover IT Cash Back CardUSAA Cash Rewards AmexBarclays Apple Rewards VisaNFCU Cloc
Message 44 of 45
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Path to US Bank Cash+ approval & app timing Advice

Excellent! Glad it worked for you!

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.