Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Denial?

tag
aijuswanacheef
Valued Member

PayPal Credit Denial?

My credit profile isn't the greatest, didn't have the highest of hopes. One of the reasons for denial stated "too few payments in the last 12 months".

Does this mean with PayPal or just on my credit file, in general? I basically just started paying my charge offs in March, and hadn't made a payment on any TLs since 2016.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PayPal Credit Denial?

basically no recent credit history for them to go off to see if you turned yourself around is what it sounds like to me.  Probably best bet is to start off with a secured card and get the CO/CA paid off is the first step.  I suggest you visit the rebuilding section of the forum for PFD and goodwill campaigns if you havent done so yet

Message 2 of 4
aijuswanacheef
Valued Member

idk how to quote reply lol. I have a Discover It Secured, a QS1, and 3 store cards. But they're all less than 3 months old. And I've settled a $2500 charge off, PIF a $500, and entered repayment plan on a vehicle repo.

I know it's going to be a long journey, I was just confused by the verbiage. I thought maybe doing PayPal transactions would increase my chances, but it seems like time is the only answer, right now.

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@aijuswanacheef wrote:
idk how to quote reply lol. I have a Discover It Secured, a QS1, and 3 store cards. But they're all less than 3 months old. And I've settled a $2500 charge off, PIF a $500, and entered repayment plan on a vehicle repo.

I know it's going to be a long journey, I was just confused by the verbiage. I thought maybe doing PayPal transactions would increase my chances, but it seems like time is the only answer, right now.

Yep time is your friend as rebuilding isn't anytime you can really speed up.  As stuff ages(baddies) and your new positive accounts age your profile will get stronger and in turn your score will go up then in a year or so you can get another card or two rinse and repeat every year depending on your progression

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.