Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC CLI - Declined

tag
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

PayPal MC CLI - Declined

I requested a CLI increase on my PP MC on 6/17 and it was declined.  The credit score referenced on the letter was from 3/28 and the letter is dated 6/18. 

My scores have increased 108 points from 3/28 to 6/16 which is when TU FICO was updated on their website.  I called overseas backdoor number and their response was to call TU to see why the discrepancy.  I know why the discrepancy, the score on 3/28 was accurate in March, and the score reporting now on their website as of 6/16 is accurate in June.

Does Synch only update their scores for CLI once per quarter hence the end of March date? 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal MC CLI - Declined

Have you used your card since?  Sometimes letting a small balance carry over updates a stalled score. 

Message 2 of 10
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Yes, I have recurring payments on it and have also made purchases.

Message 3 of 10
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Ironically this is the live chat response after submitting a request for managment to look into it and respond to me via mail within 30 days:

"I do apologize as the system runs the rule in the background it is impossible for us to determine if the scores are pulled quarterly or real time."

My response: "it's safe to say it's not real time."
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats interesting, I requested on 6/16 and they showed my score from 5/16 and on the bottom of the letter says something to the tune of they know they are not using current score, however the profile wont change dramatically in that time.  Funny coz im in the same boat my derog was deleted and scores Jumped...waited for synch to finally update the fico score on my acct then request cli and ofc they use a previous month...pretty funny.  

Message 5 of 10
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Yup, same boat. We’ll see what the letter O receive says. I even told the rep I was chatting with that Is understand a score within 30 days, but almost 60+ days I couldn’t understand.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a date of Dec 2018 for the last CLI I requested from the overseas number.   The request was within the last 30 days.

odd 

Message 7 of 10
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

That’s worst than mine! Wow!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat .score over 725 now and they keep pulling feb 2019 score
Message 9 of 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

My expereince with any Synchrony TL is when they want to deny they will go back as far as they need to.  I get the free fico scores from all my accounts with them.  I can get 2 CLIs on different accounts and a denial on the 3rd card in the same day.  The denial letter score is always 90+ days old.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.