Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC Increase Issue?

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal MC Increase Issue?

@Medic981 wrote:

My thought is WEMC start at $5000. I do not know too much about Synchrony's CCs but perhaps their CC is limited to $10,000 unless it is a WEMC. I am sure others more knowledgeable will weigh in.

Thank you for your help though! I appreciate it!

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 11 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

When requesting a CLI on my PayPal MC I get the following denial - ""We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I started at this limit and cannot seem to get an increase on it. I have over 12 statements cut, so I'm not sure if they are just using an old SP or what. Any suggestions?

What amount are you requesting? Have you tried lowering the amount requested?

I got the same reason. "We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I have requested a $5k increase, a $2.5k increase, and a $1k increase. Not really sure what is going on there. Customer service is not particularly helpful either.

Dang! 😭

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue with the PayPal MC. I called the backdoor number, asked for 25k and got it.
Message 13 of 20
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the same issue with the PayPal MC. I called the backdoor number, asked for 25k and got it.

Do you recall if it was a HP or SP? 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 14 of 20
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

I have this card from last Oct. with a limit of 2.5k and never received an increase and low usage till yesterday when I called credit solutiions at 877-379-8173. I asked for 5k total and got it, also was a soft on TU.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP but your TU CR still needs to be unfrozen.

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you recall if it was a HP or SP

Message 16 of 20
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

SP but your TU CR still needs to be unfrozen.

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you recall if it was a HP or SP

Unfrozen & unlocked

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

877-379-8175 
this is the number I used after years of online being capped at 10K, it's a SP like most Sync products, and there's a 10K cap when requesting online or there was for many years... some have posted other cards that have exceeded 10K but, it's easier to call them instead of feeling defeated by the computer. 

Calls last about 2-5 minutes and there's no questioning.

Message 18 of 20
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

877-379-8175 
this is the number I used after years of online being capped at 10K, it's a SP like most Sync products, and there's a 10K cap when requesting online or there was for many years... some have posted other cards that have exceeded 10K but, it's easier to call them instead of feeling defeated by the computer. 

Calls last about 2-5 minutes and there's no questioning.

So weird. I called and they said that my account was not eligible for any further increases, as that was all their policy allows for.

Message 19 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Medic981 wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

When requesting a CLI on my PayPal MC I get the following denial - ""We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I started at this limit and cannot seem to get an increase on it. I have over 12 statements cut, so I'm not sure if they are just using an old SP or what. Any suggestions?

What amount are you requesting? Have you tried lowering the amount requested?

I got the same reason. "We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows." I have requested a $5k increase, a $2.5k increase, and a $1k increase. Not really sure what is going on there. Customer service is not particularly helpful either.

I have no specific knowledge here and I am just spitballing. Is your CC a World Elite Mastercard? Perhaps you need to PC your current CC?

Just for clarification, SYNCB doesn't issue any WEMC or VI tiers for any of their CCs.  The Sam's Club WMC is a targeted version as far as the MC tiers go.  Specific to the PayPal MC multiple product versions, those are good ole Platinum 😁

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.