Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC and EBay CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal MC and EBay CC

Okay, you guys. I haven’t posted in a while, and I’ve sort of gone on an app spree here lately. My score has improved so much, and I got a little carried away.
First of all, I got approved for a PayPal Master Card!!!! And with a $2,000 CL!!!!
Like....what?!?! Is this real life?????
Then I got approved for PayPal Credit $250
THEN I got approved for the Delta Gold Card with $1,000 limit.
What is life?!
I was just amazed...I’m getting approved for cards I never would have dreamed of having. I mean, 6 months ago, I couldn’t even get approved for a JCPenny store card 😂
Anyways, I applied for the eBay card the other day. The sign up bonus was nice...spend $150, get a $30 statement credit. I thought, “Why not?”
I got denied, and it kind of crushed my spirits. I thought I remember reading somewhere that you can’t have both Paypal MC and the EBay MC...can anyone verify this?
If so, that will make me feel a lot better.

Thanks in advance you guys!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: PayPal MC and EBay CC

You can have both. You were denied because you applied for more credit than your profile can support. The $1k from amex is borderline approval. And I've noticed with Sync that if you keep applying for their products with a weak profile, the starting limits drop until they deny you. You went from $2000>250>0. They won't be approving you again anytime soon. And if they do, it'll be for $3-500. Best bet is to take at least 6 months off and garden. Especially if you have plans to get in with someone like Chase, Barclay, or U.S. Bank.

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about the eBay denial OP. On the upside, it appears you had some great successful [SYNCB] approvals. Feel free to update the thread and let us know the reasons they cited for the denial.
Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay, you guys. I haven’t posted in a while, and I’ve sort of gone on an app spree here lately. My score has improved so much, and I got a little carried away.
First of all, I got approved for a PayPal Master Card!!!! And with a $2,000 CL!!!!
Like....what?!?! Is this real life?????
Then I got approved for PayPal Credit $250
THEN I got approved for the Delta Gold Card with $1,000 limit.
What is life?!
I was just amazed...I’m getting approved for cards I never would have dreamed of having. I mean, 6 months ago, I couldn’t even get approved for a JCPenny store card 😂
Anyways, I applied for the eBay card the other day. The sign up bonus was nice...spend $150, get a $30 statement credit. I thought, “Why not?”
I got denied, and it kind of crushed my spirits. I thought I remember reading somewhere that you can’t have both Paypal MC and the EBay MC...can anyone verify this?
If so, that will make me feel a lot better.

Thanks in advance you guys!

I have an older Ebay Extras MC   .. A while back (maybe a year or so ago) I tried to App for the PayPal MC, The system would not let me apply,

it would not accept my app, basically told Me because I already had a similar product, or something to that affect. It had absolutly nothing to do with my credit. would not even go as far as pulling a report. I need more card's like another hole in My head.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

At one time, they only allowed you to have one.  But now you can have both.

I was recently approved for both cards, smaller limits but got approved.  Of the 2 cards, the Ebay Mastercard is my favorite.  Its bright blue color is really nice, eye catching too.

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At one time, they only allowed you to have one.  But now you can have both.

I was recently approved for both cards, smaller limits but got approved.  Of the 2 cards, the Ebay Mastercard is my favorite.  Its bright blue color is really nice, eye catching too.

I Guess they Changed the rules about both. I really do not need another 2% card. Have to many now.

Here is The Older card I have $8K CL   .. It Sits in the SD

Message 6 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

It is a pretty card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.